Oceania air travel arrangement to SCL

Dorpana

I can only comment on the return from Papeete. Not long before we departed for our first leg from Rio, more options for the last day in Papeete were developed and info sent to our TA's. Apart from day hotels, people could stay on board until later in the day. They did have to vacate their room though. I had booked our own day hotel room at a resort through O - could not cancel with refund. It included transfers to the hotel and then to the airport.

We had paid for air deviation so we were able to get the earliest of the late evening flights with Air Tahiti Nui. Airline was fine, okay food (I thought the salad was odd but my DH liked it), and all the usual entertainment.

I am not sure what happened with those who opted to stay on board. I know they sold out of the transfers because someone who wanted one told me. There was a ballroom or other hotel space used as a waiting room. I heard some grumbling at the airport about it. Our luggage was waiting for us at a guarded tent at the airport. I believe other people's was brought there too

As far as arrival at Valparaiso - weather fouled up some peoples' trips. We left Valparaiso late. There were complaints about the slow process at the airport too when paying the reciprocity fee. Hopefully someone else will comment. Some who arrived the previous day as scheduled had organized a transfer with Casablanca wine tour. Ask about that.

Archived