Any recent Port Canaveral Travelers

C&THollings

If you stay at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral they are now offering a shuttle from Orlando Airport for a fee. Great Hotel and they have a shuttle to the ship extremely cheap.

Our friends are flying into Melbourne Airport and they will take a Super Shuttle to the Hotel.

Distance is 45 mins from Orlando Airport and 46 mins from Melbourne Airport.

We rented a car so because we had an extra day. It was an easy drive. When we returned the car on the morning of the cruise the rental car company had a shuttle to the port. It was very easy. The Radisson is a nice hotel.

I would say it also depends on how many people that are in your party. We had 8 and flew in one day pre-cruise. I found it most economical to rent 2 vehicles. They each cost $69 (plus $15 gas). If you decide on renting, do so on-line as soon as you know to make sure to get a vehicle as they can sell out. The procedure was quick at the airport pick-up location. If you are flying in the same day as the cruise, it still could be more economical to rent a car. One thing I didn't read on the boards -- I was surprised at the lineup of people at the Budget rental car place when we returned it. I would plan to return the car by 9:30/10 if you want to embark by noon.

We're cruising on the Dream in less than 2 weeks. Renting a van from MCO to Cape Canaveral so we can stop by a grocery store for soda/water to bring on ship and go out to dinner night before cruise begins. Using Cocoa Beach Shuttle for the trip back to airport after cruise. Using Cruise Critic discount they offer (if you mention it), we will be paying $114 for the 8 of us. Not bad!

Archived