Business Class

Capri73

WOW! Business Class from LAX to P is over the top.Does PG have a special fare for upgrading?

I have heard that Air T is a very uncomfortable aircraft.Is it difficult to get the 2 seats instead of the 4 middle?

Thanks not spoiled but husband is tall.:)

WOW! Business Class from LAX to P is over the top.Does PG have a special fare for upgrading?

I have heard that Air T is a very uncomfortable aircraft.Is it difficult to get the 2 seats instead of the 4 middle?

Thanks not spoiled but husband is tall.:)

Try calling your PG rep or travel agent to inquire about upgrade pricing. I think we were quoted around $2,800 per person round trip, which was well beyond our budget - so we went with the included economy seating.

Some of ATN's planes are more comfortable than others. We had one of the older planes ("Bora Bora") for the outbound flight; the seats were a little tight, though our biggest complaint was that the arm rests would only raise to about a 45-degree angle - you couldn't lift them all the way up. We had their newest plane - "Nuku Hiva" - on the return flight, and found the seats to be more comfortable. I don't know when your trip is, but I've heard rumors that they're upgrading the planes and changing out the seating - so hopefully they'll address the current issues then.

We called ATN directly to confirm our seats and put in a request for vegetarian meals. Our PG flight assignments included window seats on the outbound flight and middle row seats on the return - so we figured all of the window seats were already booked. (We booked our cruise less than 2 months before sailing.) But when we checked in at PPT for our return flight, the ticket agent said, "How about I move you to a couple of window seats?" We didn't even have to ask! Though it seemed a lot of people in the middle rows ended up having an entire row per couple. I guess it just depends how crowded the flight is.

BTW...LAX to PPT is a long flight, so take time to walk around and stretch periodically. They had some self-serve snacks and juices in the back by the galley, so be sure to stay hydrated, too!

We were able to to book a business class ticket directly with Air Tahiti Nui for quite a bit less then the upgrade charge PG offers. They have a "D" class fare with a few seats available when the flights are opened for booking. I'm not sure if they add more "D" inventory after the flight is opened for booking.

If you want Business, I would definitly compare the cost of booking with Air Tahiti directly and doing a cruise only with the PG to the PG add-on. If you book directly with the airline, you won't get the day room or transfers from PG.

If you have lots of American Airlines points or points with programs like Starwood, you may be able to use the points for free tickets - ATN partners with American Airlines. Even better is the fact that the flights to LA from your home city will be included with the same ticket. We got roundtrip business class ATN flights between LA and Papeete, as well as first class between Ft. Lauderdale and LA for 65000 points each way.

Archived