Breakaway S7

SissasMomE

I'd love to see where it says S7 = wraparound! At least here, the pic shows no sign of a door, and the text does not say forward facing balcony (just stateroom) either: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

But...maybe access to the front balcony is from the side, making so they don't have to install a heavy storm door??

Based on the balcony divider installed on deck 10 here: http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=284&pid=9256#top_display_media I'm thinking that deck 13 almost definitely has a hull balcony, and that the other S7 balconies may extend a bit longer towards the bow (or perhaps be walkaround, but I doubt it), but are still intruded upon by the slanting 'shield' that comes around from the front. It also seems that any bathroom porthole, if it exists, looks out on metal.

And, apropos of timmo44's :"NCL have answered my question on Ask and Answer saying "Yes, The forward facing suites does face forward."

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/questions "

Your question was likely misinterpreted. The suite does face forward, but that does not mean the balcony does.

I just posted a followup question, as an 'answer' to your question:

"Dear NCLSTAFF, can you please clarify. We understand that the suite has at least a window that faces forward. In your answer, it is only clear that the suite faces forward. But is there a ++balcony++ that faces forward? Or does the balcony only extend off the side? If the balcony does face forward, how does one get to it? Thanks!"

Edited by Burpelson

Just doesn't seem fair that they would charge the same for Deck 13 as the other Forward Facing Suites if Deck 13 does have a "hull" balcony. They better be prepared for a lot of complaints for those in that room. I myself am happy enought to have a suite, but its definately not what I signed up for. If Deck 13 has a "hull" balcony that should've been specified. Hope they'll give those of us on 13 an extra OBC or free perk if that's the case.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

looks like a side balcony to me.

lack of floor plans, anyone found any.

Looking at the size of these S6 and S7 I think they will be more like the S4 1bed haven on a jewel class with seperate dining/sitting.

probably better value than the s5 in the courtyard.

The deck 13 S7 appears to have a completely enclosed hull balcony - unless that area is a maintenance nook, or brig that they slide people into from the hole in the bridge ; ) :

DSC04707

That's what I'm hoping for that on Deck 13. Only time will tell. The anticipation is killing me. But not much I can do now but hope for the best. Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised. When I first booked the room the ship wasn't near completion and the "window" or "Hull balcony" wasn't even there in the ship photos.

I'm booked in this room. I've noticed too, in the rendering, that there was nothing directly under the bridge. Wouldn't it be great if it is an extra window in the bathroom!?

I have a theory...

I wonder whether those round portholes at the front of the ship on decks 9-13 actually have the balcony area behind them... And aren't actually portholes at all but large round openings you can look out through. So you walk out of the glass doors to side and then round the corner to the front.

NCL have answered my question on Ask and Answer saying "Yes, The forward facing suites does face forward."

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/questions

We should all have a whip round to send someone on the one night launch voyage to find out for once and for all!

This is an interesting theory!! Hope you're right!

Edited by English101

Just doesn't seem fair that they would charge the same for Deck 13 as the other Forward Facing Suites if Deck 13 does have a "hull" balcony. They better be prepared for a lot of complaints for those in that room. I myself am happy enought to have a suite, but its definately not what I signed up for. If Deck 13 has a "hull" balcony that should've been specified. Hope they'll give those of us on 13 an extra OBC or free perk if that's the case.

I'm hoping for some kind of perk! I can't go down a floor or two because, apparently, I have the only S7 room that sleeps 4. (How is this possible!? 1 out of 10 sleeps 4!?)

I'm hoping for some kind of perk! I can't go down a floor or two because, apparently, I have the only S7 room that sleeps 4. (How is this possible!? 1 out of 10 sleeps 4!?)

Its the only one with a pulman all the others are just a single sofa bed

On the other side of deck 13 it is a access cabin for 3.

Its the only one with a pulman all the others are just a single sofa bed

On the other side of deck 13 it is a access cabin for 3.

That's what I figured but, I still think its strange (1/10). Can't wait for some pics of the first sailing!

I believe mine (13706) is the one for 3. I was going to change also, but by the time the new pics came out with that "window" or "hull", all the other rooms in my category were booked. Can't wait for the first couple sailings so we can know for sure. Hoping I'm not disappointed, but at least I won't be shocked if we're unfortunate in getting the "hull".

My PCC made lots of notes in my reservation stating that this was a major concern. He said NCL is great with customer service and he was sure they'd do something for me if it turned out to be a "hull" balcony room. Normally it seems they state which rooms have a "hull" balcony. Since they didn't on ours, we should be entitled to something. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be good to us, worst case scenario.

All in all, I'm still so excited to be on this brand new beautiful ship!:D

These things seem so frustratingly ambiguous. For example, if you look at the NCL.com deck plan for 12706, it has a triangle - ie it sleeps 3. http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck12 However, if you click on 12706, this description comes up: "Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)"

The pic of the foldout couch shows that it seats two, so pulled out, it should sleep two, albeit tightly.

Plus, this deck plan description is one place where it suggests a forward facing balcony, which I can't see in the pics, and which I doubt exists.

My PCC made lots of notes in my reservation stating that this was a major concern. He said NCL is great with customer service and he was sure they'd do something for me if it turned out to be a "hull" balcony room. Normally it seems they state which rooms have a "hull" balcony. Since they didn't on ours, we should be entitled to something. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be good to us, worst case scenario.

All in all, I'm still so excited to be on this brand new beautiful ship!:D

Thanks for mentioning that. I just left a message for my PCC. I, too, am excited. When we sail, it will have been 10 years since our last cruise!

These things seem so frustratingly ambiguous. For example, if you look at the NCL.com deck plan for 12706, it has a triangle - ie it sleeps 3. http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck12 However, if you click on 12706, this description comes up: "Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)"

The pic of the foldout couch shows that it seats two, so pulled out, it should sleep two, albeit tightly.

Plus, this deck plan description is one place where it suggests a forward facing balcony, which I can't see in the pics, and which I doubt exists.

The deck plans show the number for each individual stateroom. The description is for the category. I believe the couch will sleep 1 across and the 4th will sleep on a Pullman bed, from ceiling (do a google search for "Pullman bed on cruise ship". There are pics that show Pullman with couch below)

NOTE : Privasea Balcony

Breakaway 13106 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 13 Standard Capacity - 3 , Wheelchair Accessible

Cabin Includes Convertible Single Sofa Bed ,

Certified Butler Service , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Port

Side , Cabin Square Footage (377) , Safety Deposit Box ,

Telephone , Bathtub , Sprinklers , Tea And Coffee Maker ,

Shower , Total Square Footage (409) , Forward Section ,

Balcony Square Footage (32) , Pier Forward , Convertible Lower

Beds (2) , Desk , Wheelchair Accessible , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Internet Access , Concierge Concierge Available

Upon Request, Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors ,

Refrigerator , Mini Bar , Hair Dryer , Television ,

Privasea Balcony

Breakaway 13706 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 13 Standard Capacity - 4 , Connecting Stateroom,

Connects W/ Bc 13708 Cabin Includes Shower , Telephone ,

Internet Access , Balcony Square Footage (32) , Connecting

Room (13708) , Tea And Coffee Maker , Television , Cabin

Square Footage (387) , Refrigerator , Safety Deposit Box ,

Mini Bar , Sprinklers , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen ,

Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Convertible King Size Bed ,

Separate Bedroom With A Door , Concierge Concierge Available

Upon Request, Clothes Line In Bathroom , Hair Dryer , Total

Square Footage (419) , Sitting Area , Livingroom Area ,

Vanity , Privasea Balcony , Bathtub , Starboard Side ,

Certified Butler Service , Desk , Dining Room Area , Floor

To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Pullman Bed , Forward

Section , Pier Forward

Breakaway 11106 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 11 Standard Capacity - 3 , Connecting Stateroom,

Connects W/ Bc 11108 Cabin Includes Port Side , Certified

Butler Service , Concierge Concierge Available Upon Request,

Mini Bar , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Refrigerator ,

Telephone , Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Livingroom Area ,

Sprinklers , Safety Deposit Box , Total Square Footage (419) ,

Desk , Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Forward

Section , Private Balcony , Balcony Square Footage (32) ,

Hair Dryer , Connecting Room (11108) , Sitting Area , Clothes

Line In Bathroom , Bathtub , Television , Tea And Coffee

Maker , Convertible King Size Bed , Internet Access , Shower

, Cabin Square Footage (387) , Dining Room Area , Separate

Bedroom With A Door , Vanity , Pier Forward

Edited by insidecabin

NOTE : Privasea Balcony

Breakaway 13106 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 13 Standard Capacity - 3 , Wheelchair Accessible

Cabin Includes Convertible Single Sofa Bed ,

Certified Butler Service , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Port

Side , Cabin Square Footage (377) , Safety Deposit Box ,

Telephone , Bathtub , Sprinklers , Tea And Coffee Maker ,

Shower , Total Square Footage (409) , Forward Section ,

Balcony Square Footage (32) , Pier Forward , Convertible Lower

Beds (2) , Desk , Wheelchair Accessible , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Internet Access , Concierge Concierge Available

Upon Request, Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors ,

Refrigerator , Mini Bar , Hair Dryer , Television ,

Privasea Balcony

Breakaway 13706 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 13 Standard Capacity - 4 , Connecting Stateroom,

Connects W/ Bc 13708 Cabin Includes Shower , Telephone ,

Internet Access , Balcony Square Footage (32) , Connecting

Room (13708) , Tea And Coffee Maker , Television , Cabin

Square Footage (387) , Refrigerator , Safety Deposit Box ,

Mini Bar , Sprinklers , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen ,

Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Convertible King Size Bed ,

Separate Bedroom With A Door , Concierge Concierge Available

Upon Request, Clothes Line In Bathroom , Hair Dryer , Total

Square Footage (419) , Sitting Area , Livingroom Area ,

Vanity , Privasea Balcony , Bathtub , Starboard Side ,

Certified Butler Service , Desk , Dining Room Area , Floor

To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Pullman Bed , Forward

Section , Pier Forward

Breakaway 11106 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 11 Standard Capacity - 3 , Connecting Stateroom,

Connects W/ Bc 11108 Cabin Includes Port Side , Certified

Butler Service , Concierge Concierge Available Upon Request,

Mini Bar , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Refrigerator ,

Telephone , Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Livingroom Area ,

Sprinklers , Safety Deposit Box , Total Square Footage (419) ,

Desk , Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Forward

Section , Private Balcony , Balcony Square Footage (32) ,

Hair Dryer , Connecting Room (11108) , Sitting Area , Clothes

Line In Bathroom , Bathtub , Television , Tea And Coffee

Maker , Convertible King Size Bed , Internet Access , Shower

, Cabin Square Footage (387) , Dining Room Area , Separate

Bedroom With A Door , Vanity , Pier Forward

Great info!!!

Do you have a link to where you found this info.

Great info!!!

Do you have a link to where you found this info.

Do a trial booking on http://www.ncl.co.uk cabin info for available cabins.

If the cabin not available pick a different date(pick a date the future that will be off season more cabins).

I think this gets sucked out of the database so are uptodate(I think the privasea balcony is new text since last week)

many other descriptions are old and not kept upto date.

Do a trial booking on http://www.ncl.co.uk cabin info for available cabins.

If the cabin not available pick a different date(pick a date the future that will be off season more cabins).

I think this gets sucked out of the database so are uptodate(I think the privasea balcony is new text since last week)

many other descriptions are old and not kept upto date.

Thank you. Very helpful as the US site has very little info

Just spoke with my PCC, she confirmed that deck 13, S7 is a "privacy balcony". I asked if that means a "small cut out" rather than the normal balconies. She said yes. That room is my only option in that category since we are 4.

She actually told me she's going to try to get a picture of the actual room and call me back.

To be continued...

Just talked to my PCC as well, he sent me a pic of the floorplan that they just got in recently. Unfortunately, looks like the "hull" balcony. He's going to see if he can do something for me since moving is not a possibility. I've never attached a pic before so here goes....

2006915765_NCLBreakawayRoom13706.jpg.103dc280474f406ed4b1c6a9b2061e72.jpg

Thanks to all for being so obsessive! As a ship fanatic, NCL's description and my looking at the ship under construction didn't add up - particularly with the small window in the bathroom -I just couldn't see where it was.

Interestingly enough, I'm not sure if what we're seeing in the artist's impression is a reflection of the window. I'm not sure if there's still a chance that the window does exist within the covered portion of the veranda towards the front.

Oh well, I will have to suffer and suffice with a two-room suite with Haven access.

Thanks to all for being so obsessive! As a ship fanatic, NCL's description and my looking at the ship under construction didn't add up - particularly with the small window in the bathroom -I just couldn't see where it was.

Interestingly enough, I'm not sure if what we're seeing in the artist's impression is a reflection of the window. I'm not sure if there's still a chance that the window does exist within the covered portion of the veranda towards the front.

Oh well, I will have to suffer and suffice with a two-room suite with Haven access.

I'm jealous! Guess I'll be hanging out more on my brother's balcony. He and his family also have the 2 bedroom Haven suite. lol:)

Just talked to my PCC as well, he sent me a pic of the floorplan that they just got in recently. Unfortunately, looks like the "hull" balcony. He's going to see if he can do something for me since moving is not a possibility. I've never attached a pic before so here goes....

This is more than I got! I was just told I need to wait til the ship is delivered and the hotel director can get a pic of the room. We told me I can upgrade to next category but that would be $700 more! They didn't offer me anything extra.

I can't seem to get this pic any larger. Do you have a link you could share to a possibly larger pic?

Thanks so much for posting this!