The motion of the ocean and the different size ships

heres the question, to those of you who have cruised different size ships;

conquest class compared to Fantasy class ships....

Is the motion of the ocean any less noticable on the larger ship.

last cruise a couple on the fascination was swearing to me that when t

they went on the dream they had much less motion although the weather

was worse. i do realize that theres not really any comparison to the

conquest class and the dream, size wise.

Just returned on the Magic, Friday night going through the strait between Mexico and Cuba we were making 22 knots with high winds and rough seas... rockiest ride I have ever experienced... was bad enough they canceled the show that night, there was a juggler scheduled and I was really wanting to see how he managed with the ship rocking so much LOL...

When we went on the Sensation, I felt it at the first dinner and at night. At night it was gentle rocking motion and I liked it. We had a balcony room upper deck towards the back....I think it was upper deck.

On the Dream we had cove balcony...and never felt anything ever. Only felt slightly at dinner and sitting at slot machines.

Our new years cruise on the Glory was very rocky, they did cancel a show one night and there were vomit bags placed by all elevators. And I came extremely close to landing on a bald guys lap trying to leave the dining room. My family was behind me laughing hysterically because the poor guy had the fear of god in his eyes !!! And I hadn't a sip to drink !!!

I have sailed on the Fantasy and Destiny class ships and noticed no discernable difference. I have also sailed naval vships with the same. It is sea conditions pure and simple. These ships are so large and heavy, no difference :-)

Brian

Archived