Rumbaba Day Sail

cruiser123103

I had originally contacted Rambaba Charters last June and asked for them to hold 2 seats for my DH and myself. They wrote back stating that we were the first people to inquire for the date in March and that they would place us on standby and work on filling the remaining 4 seats. They also said that they would ask for credit card info as soon as they had others who wanted to book, in a November email to me. Then yesterday, when I wrote to them stating that the cruise was in 7 weeks, they responded and said that they had a group of 6 had booked and that we were no longer one of their potential customers.

I understand, that I had not given them any credit card info and therefore, really didn't have a reservation. But all their reviews are wonderful, and I wonder how they could treat us like this.

This was going to be a surprise sailing day for my DH...

I am so bummed....yes, we have been to St Thomas before and yes, we have used other charters, but their reviews just called out to me...

I had originally contacted Rambaba Charters last June and asked for them to hold 2 seats for my DH and myself. They wrote back stating that we were the first people to inquire for the date in March and that they would place us on standby and work on filling the remaining 4 seats. They also said that they would ask for credit card info as soon as they had others who wanted to book, in a November email to me. Then yesterday, when I wrote to them stating that the cruise was in 7 weeks, they responded and said that they had a group of 6 had booked and that we were no longer one of their potential customers.

I understand, that I had not given them any credit card info and therefore, really didn't have a reservation. But all their reviews are wonderful, and I wonder how they could treat us like this.

I am so bummed....yes, we have been to St Thomas before and yes, we have used other charters, but their reviews just called out to me...

Try Kathleen with Highpockets. Years ago I had originally wanted Bobby as well and there were just two of us I didn't want to worry about getting others. We have since sailed with Highpockets 3 times and love her so much we plan to go again in November. She is very personable and attentive you will feel like Royalty for the day.

We went with Rumbaba last time we were in st Thomas. Highlight of entire trip.

Their policy is you have to have 4 to book. Sounds like they could have handled it better.

Next time book with two offering to pay for 4. That way you will not get bumped by a group of 6. Most likely you will get more people to join and will not have to pay for 4.

Cc m&g would most likely get the other two if by some chance, another couple did not join you.

Try Kathleen with Highpockets. Years ago I had originally wanted Bobby as well and there were just two of us I didn't want to worry about getting others. We have since sailed with Highpockets 3 times and love her so much we plan to go again in November. She is very personable and attentive you will feel like Royalty for the day.

So glad to hear this! We're booked with her next month and so lookiing forward to it!

A few years ago I was in St Thomas for a week long vacation and booked Rumbaba charters. We ended up being the only two on the boat, but they took us out anyway. Food and drinks were excellent, and as snorkeling wasn't a priority for is (we are divers) they gave us a choice of forgoing the second snorkel site and doing a sail back to St Thomas instead of motoring. I had alot of fun and would recommend them.

Has anyone done the Rumbaba day sail to St. John recently? How was it? Was the sail smooth? We are on the Breeze in March and considering this. We will be in port from 8am-6pm. Any feedback would be great! Thank you!

We had a great day!! It was a thrill to sail over to St. John's. not what I would call smooth sailing more on the line of thrilling as you go through the area called the washing machine.

The snorkeling was incredible and we were in a bay with only a couple small boats, not with the cruise ship large tours!!

We talked to a couple on our celebrity cruise and their ship tour was cancelled due to lack of people. I would hate to have that happen the day before the excursion!!!!

Food and drinks where great!!!

Taxi back to ship took a little longer due to traffic so plan on 40 min. At least. Our taxi driver from the morning came back and was waiting for us when we returned. Lovely lady and a very very cautious driver, so it took a little longer. From the time we got off the ship and delivered to the dock was approx. 25 min.

Have a great trip

Archived