Reasonable itinerary in Cabo?

globalhoneymooning

Stopping in Cabo in mid-April from 7am-3pm. We are a group of 3 adults and 3 kids ages 5 and under. We were planning to do a water taxi tour to see Lover's beach, the Arch, sea lions, Divorce beach and then have the water taxi drop us off at Medano beach. I forgot who posted it (thanks for your post, it was helpful), this was estimated at $8-12pp.

We would then spend time on the beach (we plan to bring our snorkel gear and sand toys). We could have lunch at Sand Bar or Tabasco's or return to town and eat at Gordo Lele's (a lot of folks of here seem to enjoy their food). Then we would catch the tender back to the ship.

So a few questions:

- Can we do all this within the timeframe we have in port?

- Do the water taxis charge for infants?

- How long would the water taxi tour take?

- Can you rent umbellas at Medano beach?

- Will the water be warm enough to swim?

- While it's convenient to eat at Medano, is it worth going to town to eat at Gordo Lele's?

- Would you recommend a land taxi or water taxi back to the port?

Thanks!

Stopping in Cabo in mid-April from 7am-3pm. We are a group of 3 adults and 3 kids ages 5 and under. We were planning to do a water taxi tour to see Lover's beach, the Arch, sea lions, Divorce beach and then have the water taxi drop us off at Medano beach. I forgot who posted it (thanks for your post, it was helpful), this was estimated at $8-12pp.

We would then spend time on the beach (we plan to bring our snorkel gear and sand toys). We could have lunch at Sand Bar or Tabasco's or return to town and eat at Gordo Lele's (a lot of folks of here seem to enjoy their food). Then we would catch the tender back to the ship.

So a few questions:

- Can we do all this within the timeframe we have in port?

- Do the water taxis charge for infants?

- How long would the water taxi tour take?

- Can you rent umbellas at Medano beach?

- Will the water be warm enough to swim?

- While it's convenient to eat at Medano, is it worth going to town to eat at Gordo Lele's?

- Would you recommend a land taxi or water taxi back to the port?

Thanks!

I think that I suggested this.

Yes, you can do all of this easily in one day.

I'm sorry, but I don't know about infants, but I would "guess" no extra charge for infants, but please don't hold me to this.

The water taxi tour should only be about an hour (not much more)

There are umbrellas at many of the cantina's at the beach, but yes, you can rent one for about $10usw

We swim in March, so yes, I would think that it is warm enough for you in April

There are so many truly great (and inexpensive) places to eat at Medano Beach, that for one day, if it were me, I would just eat at the beach (but we do love Gordo LeLe's!).

Water Taxi or land taxi is a personal preference. You will have to wade out into ankle/knee deep water to board a water taxi, but that is really not much of a problem. Taking a land taxi will afford you views of Cabo San Lucas that you will not see otherwise. Take the water taxi out to Medano, have a great afternoon, and then decide whether you want to take the water taxi back, or a land taxi. Both are good.

However you choose, I would suspect that you will have a great time in

Cabo!

I agree with Downsized. Stay at Medano Beach and eat. That way the kids can continue to play in the sand etc. All of the restaurants have tables in the sand. Another mellow Medano Beach restaurant to consider is right next door to the Sand Bar, Medano Beach Club. The one thing I don't like about the Sand Bar is that you have to get a key to use the bathrooms. One stall per sex, sometimes there is a wait.

Gordo LeLe's is a very small place, and it may be a bit restrictive for kids so young.

There really isn't any snorkeling to do on Medano Beach. You can snorkel around the rocks by Lover's Beach but your plans don't include a stop. I wouldn't bother bringing my snorkel gear off the ship. As far as the water being warm enough to swim, that depends on you. DH and I wore 5mm wet suits when we were scuba diving in May 2010 since the water temp was in only the high 60's. The water is warmest in August - November. The temps in Puerto Vallarta are usually a little warmer. This has been a warm year so far as water temps in PV are still in the low to mid 70's.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Is there another beach that does offer snorkeling right from the beach and has restaurants and bathroom facilities?

No, Medano Beach is the swimable beach in Cabo with restaurants and facilities. You could have the water taxi drop you at Lover's Beach for an hour or so for snorkeling and have him come pick you up at an appointed time and head over to Medano.

There are 2 other swimmable beaches where you can snorkel both usually have easy entry. Santa Maria has no facilities or restaurant. Chilleno, my preference, has facilities (bring your own TP) but no restaurants. We always pack a lunch to take with us. I believe there is a bus stop near each but have never used since we have always had a car. Both are in what is known as the corridor at least 10 miles from Cabo. As I said before you can snorkel off Lover's Beach by the rocks but it is better to do by boat rather than off the beach because of all of the boat traffic and the best snorkel spots are not directly off the beach.

This was taken around Pelican Rock near Lover's Beach

28675_1476719914877_1757229_n.jpg

Archived