anybody have any input on magic balcony on 6th floor?

RAMSJUNKIE887

Its to late to change cabins now but were booked on the magic 6th floor balcony like 4 or 5 rooms from the very back of the ship. Ive been worried about deck 5 now that sticks out past deck 6 restricting my views and people being able to see right in the balcony. Then only reason I did book on that deck is because from the deck plans it looks like on the very front and very back of the ship deck 5 narrows enough that it doesnt look like it will be a problem but the deck plans could be misleading me I dont know. Just curious if anybody has any input on rooms in these locations.

We had an aft-wrap on deck 6 on the Magic. People can look right at you on your balcony no matter where you are on the 6th deck. We had a great view of the water, but you can see the walking area on the outside of deck 5. It really doesn't bother your views, just keep in mind that your balcony will not be a very private place (I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting out there in my pajamas like I have on other ships). But don't worry, you'll still get to enjoy your balcony.

security cameras on most ships can see directly onto the balconies. you may not be seen by the passengers but the camera sees all.

I'm not planing on breaking any laws on my balcony just would be nice to at least have privacy from other cruisers and a good view (which im more worried about that than the privacy) I do like to sit on my balcony naked somtimes guess for the sake of the people on deck 5 Ill have to retire that for this cruise;)

Deck 5 widens out at about the 6th cabin from the back. I checked that when we got off at Freeport. We have had the cabin next to the aft wrap on deck 8 and it was a view down to the water. Not sure if you are asking about that view or the ability of people to see into your balcony.

I would definitely not book a balcony anywhere forward of the 6th cabin from the rear as I prefer to not look down onto deck 5 but the water instead. I have wondered how people directly above the outside Red Frog Pub area (port side) deal with noise and smoke since that is the cigar area.

on deck 6 of the magic, no you can't look directly down on the water, and yes if someone is in the hot tubs they have a great view of you just like you do of them. if you are sitting on your balcony you will have a nice view of the ocean, or a port if docked on your side. the higher up you go the less deck 5 will be able to see you. when i travel on the magic i'll do a line of sight study and get back to all of you to let you know how much privacy from passengers the balconies have.

After a long delay and much distraction, I've just posted elsewhere this note (hope it helps others):

icon1.gifCarnival Magic Aft Cabins 6507, 6476, 6474: WARNING!

It is a year later, and I still haven't followed through with Carnival, so I decided to post at least a warning to my peers:

New Year's Day sailing of new ship with port less than an hour away -- what is to worry, especially with a large aft balcony on a ship early in its first year of service? The cabin is very large, the view is wonderful, but these three adjoining cabins are not only right above an entertainment venue, BUT THESE SPEAKERS ARE MOUNTED ON THE CEILING and the sounds are transferred up directly into the cabins. Apparently either the use of the space below or the placement of the speakers were determined by folks with no developed brains. (Obviously there is the need for either insulation and/or relocation of these speakers.)

First, there is not just a percussion rhythm, the actual music fills these cabins often until 3am! Reflecting the general philosophy of Carnival, initial contacts with Customer Relations yielded a surprised response with statements that I was the very first to complain. But, the value of these cabins is that you can stand on their balconies and directly say hello to your neighbors (very pleasant folks) who readily shared both their dismay with these horrible nights and the response by Customer Relations they had received to their condition. I could never work in such a department where lying is the trained response. What I do have is a wrist watch purchased with newly acquired OBC as a reminder not to sail on Carnival again (we sail routinely on Princess, Holland America, and Celebrity).

As an aside, other warnings about Carnival: (1) you may not find even the dinning room food to your liking: they have perfected the appearance/presentation, but taste and quality are lacking. (If expense is the issue, I'd rather have a good piece of fried chicken or slice of meatloaf rather than large fried shrimp that are 80% coating and escargot that can't be swallowed; (2) selecting a holiday sailing means this ship is filled with extended-family vacationers including a large proportion of very energetic college students and somewhat older on nonstop drinking and many unsupervised children. It was not unusual to be tripped by a seated passenger sticking their feet out across an aisle (feeling right at home and not even demonstrating reasonable fast food restaurant etiquette); expectations for entertainment on a large ship were seldom met: our predominant memory was of passenger-participation activities (often provided in the afternoon on other ships) -- of course, these "sensitivities" should be viewed under the umbrella of a series of sleepless nights by two thoroughly cranky teachers in their mid-60s! We will not return to Carnival. (In contrast, just back from a RT HA 14-night Caribbean that was enjoyable, relaxing and benefitted from Roll Call planning of 7 private island tours!)

DJ:)

Archived