NCL and The Haven Perks

rineheart25

To make it very simple. You don't have to leave your room if you do not want to.

The Butler will bring you all your food and snacks drinks and any other resalable thing you want. There a private pool in the haven, and adult sitting area outside the haven. You can eat with other haven guest in a private restaurant. If you do want to leave the ship you are first off.

It really can not get any better.

Is the Haven roof normally open on the Breakaway? Concerned about the place being like a sauna like the indoor pools on some ships. Thanks!

It depends upon the weather conditions. It's typically closed in New York, but it opens in Bermuda and at sea when the weather is warm and sunny. The dome can be quickly ordered closed by the bridge in response to rapid weather changes, so they tend to keep it open as much as they can. I thought the indoor courtyard area on Breakaway felt fine with the dome closed. The only area in the Haven that feels like an indoor sauna is the actual indoor sauna :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It depends upon the weather conditions. It's typically closed in New York, but it opens in Bermuda and at sea when the weather is warm and sunny. The dome can be quickly ordered closed by the bridge in response to rapid weather changes, so they tend to keep it open as much as they can. I thought the indoor courtyard area on Breakaway felt fine with the dome closed. The only area in the Haven that feels like an indoor sauna is the actual indoor sauna :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks!! Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

May you bring guests with you in the Haven area to have cocktails or such. We are in an aft penthouse suite and are traveling with two teenagers, but they most likely will not use this and wondered if you could bring someone else that you may be traveling with that is not in an haven suite?

May you bring guests with you in the Haven area to have cocktails or such. We are in an aft penthouse suite and are traveling with two teenagers, but they most likely will not use this and wondered if you could bring someone else that you may be traveling with that is not in an haven suite?

No, only Haven guests are allowed in the Haven area. You can bring guests to your room, but not to use the Haven facilities.

Help me to understand exactly how this works. Let's say you want to have breakfast in the courtyard. Do you need to arrange this in advance with the courtyard butler? For example, would you set a time in advance? Or do you just roll out of bed whenever you want to, show up at the desk of the concierge and announce that you'd like to have breakfast in the courtyard?

If it's arranged in advance, do you also need to specify the food items you want to order? Or do they just take your order at the table at the time of the meal?

The Haven (NCL, for that matter) is new to me... so I'm trying to picture how this works. I'm not used to being waited on in this manner!

You just roll out of bed, walk into the courtyard, sit down at a table, and relax. The valet will stop by (or your butler if he sees you there) and give you a menu / ask what they can get you. Its perfect in every way :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You just roll out of bed, walk into the courtyard, sit down at a table, and relax. The valet will stop by (or your butler if he sees you there) and give you a menu / ask what they can get you. Its perfect in every way :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oooh way like!

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the Breakaway December 2014. We will be staying in the forward facing penthouse. If I am reading this right, will I be provided bottled water during my stay? I was going to bring a case of water but if it will be provided, I can be saved some time and effort. Are the amenities on the Breakaway the same as the Gem? I am told I will have access to the Haven.

We are going on the Breakaway December 2014. We will be staying in the forward facing penthouse. If I am reading this right, will I be provided bottled water during my stay? I was going to bring a case of water but if it will be provided, I can be saved some time and effort. Are the amenities on the Breakaway the same as the Gem? I am told I will have access to the Haven.

Only Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites and Garden Villas get unlimited bottled water, so check what your suite is called. Other suites get one free bottle upon embarkation (there is usually another one in the cabin too but it is part of minibar setup and will be billed if consumed).

Yes, all suites on Breakaway have Haven access regardless of location.

Sounds like Breakaway and Getaway Haven is the same. We are looking at the Getaway for our January 2015 sail.

Would someone define the size of the bottle of liqueur in an owners suite. Never sailed NCL always RCL and we purchase the UDP. On Celebrity we had two bottles put in our of course at a cost. Just wondering what bar set up means. Have to have libations! :D

Haven sounds like Heaven!!! :) Thanks to all in this thread for the fantastic information!!!!:p

Sounds like Breakaway and Getaway Haven is the same.

Yep, only difference is the retractable roof that is missing on Getaway.

Would someone define the size of the bottle of liqueur in an owners suite.

Regular liqour bottles (rum and vodka ones that I've seen have been 750ml to 1000ml bottles).

Hi folks! I'm new to cruisecritic but not new to cruising. But that was years ago and I was so afraid as to how things changed over the last 20 years, I booked the Haven 2-bedroom suite. I'll let you know about our adventure when we return!:)

Debating on Haven 2 bedroom family suite and a regular 2 bedroom family suite. Are they the same layout ? Doing Alaska and my parents will probably be in the room a lot since they don't like the cold , so I want to make sure we get a stateroom with plenty of room to relax for naps and such . Also a well behaved 11 year old will be with us , will she have Haven access too and can she come to the parties ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Debating on Haven 2 bedroom family suite and a regular 2 bedroom family suite. Are they the same layout ? Doing Alaska and my parents will probably be in the room a lot since they don't like the cold , so I want to make sure we get a stateroom with plenty of room to relax for naps and such . Also a well behaved 11 year old will be with us , will she have Haven access too and can she come to the parties ?

I'll let you know more about The Haven when I return in a couple of weeks. I think the main perk is Haven access over a regular 2 bedroom family suite. As I mentioned, this will be my first cruise in a LONG time so it should be an eye-opener!! Sorry I couldn't be more help!!

I will be looking forward to your review ! I did NCL Jewel last year . I went with friend . Honestly , I think I didn't spent much time in the room at all except for showering and sleeping lol . However , I then did a Disney cruise with my parents and sister and now I'm afraid that they won't like NCL because it may limit the things my sister can do. My parents like to just relax so that is why I'm considering a suite .

I'm assuming you are talking about one of the Jewel class ships. The two suites are virtually identical, the only difference really is the Haven itself. When we brought my mother-in-law through Europe, she really enjoyed the (overly) warm Haven during sea days - she would go there to read and fall asleep in a chair. We found her there several times :). While not necessary at all, it's like having a warm living space right outside your door - could be very handy with five in the suite and for your parents to relax the day away. The upper Haven sun deck is also a great place to watch the scenery go by, but can be cold and windy.

The suite is good sized as well, the second bedroom is small but doable for two, tight for three - the child would have to sleep in the bunk bed above your parents approx full-sized bed. The other option is to put the child in the living room on the sofa mattress (it's not really a fold-out and sleeps only one). (all of this is assuming there are five total in your party - one couple sharing the main bedroom, your parents in the second bedroom, and the 11year old).

Yes, the child would be welcome in the Haven as long as she is a guest in the Haven suite! There is a lot of debate about kids playing in the Haven pool vs tranquility for adults like your parents who might be napping, as it's a very small, echoing enclosed space, but everyone can get along there! He/she would also be welcome at the Suites Cocktail party, which lasts about an hour.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

We will be taking our 12 and 16 to alaska at the end of May. In the 2 bedroom. I would be happy to let you know how the girls likes the cruise and all the activities that are available.

We will be taking our 12 and 16 to alaska at the end of May. In the 2 bedroom. I would be happy to let you know how the girls likes the cruise and all the activities that are available.

Yes, please do! Alaska is wonderful which is why I want them to experience it !

I have booked an Owner's Suite with Large balcony on Norwegian Gem. This is my first time cruising and I am looking for a relaxing stress free vacation. I am having a hard time gathering all the exact benefits of a Haven Suite on the Norwegian Gem

Here's a webpage I've "put together" for our deck 10 Owner's Suite on the Norwegian Jewel: Suite

The Gem and Jewel are sister ships so are mostly the same. Your suite should be similar to ours, varying mostly by decor or a slight floor plan difference if you're on deck 9 and not 10.

Here's a webpage I've "put together" for our deck 10 Owner's Suite on the Norwegian Jewel: Suite

The Gem and Jewel are sister ships so are mostly the same. Your suite should be similar to ours, varying mostly by decor or a slight floor plan difference if you're on deck 9 and not 10.

Link please

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't want a start a new thread...just wondering if anyone knew if I buy the soda package, can I then have my suite stocked with soda?

The soda package is only good for fountain sodas - on occasion certain bars will open a can and pour it for you, but you can only get one at a time. Owners Suites, Deluxe Owners Suites, and Garden Villas (not family villas but the big thre-bedroom ones) come with unlimited sodas included in the suites, others will have a minibar with sodas for around $2.25-2.50 per can

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17