Royal Caribbean with a 20 month old

JillyChill

Just traveled with my 20 month old on Independence of the Seas . Things were great, but definitely a different vacation experience with a baby! We had an interior room that was connecting to my parents cabin. The pack and play fit perfect next to the bed. We used an umbrella stroller and it worked perfect on the ship, nice and small and fit everywhere, also fit perfect in the closet and ddin’t take up much space.

We ate in the windjammer for every meal and there was almost always something for my daughter to eat. The staff and crew loved her! There were a lot of high chairs available but she usually just sat in a regular chair with us. We took a few cartons of milk from the windjammer in the morning and kept it in the fridge for her throughout the day.

They did not have the drop off program, but they did have the daily activities for the under 3 babies in their royal tots and royal babies program. They didn’t have their own room, but was set up in a different part of adventure ocean. They had activities almost every day at 715, 11 and 2. They also had a room set up until 5 everyday with a ton of fisher price toys that they can use. I heard they had the toy lending program, but there was so much for Scarlett to do, we never needed any toys.

As for packing clothes, I brought almost 4 outfits a day. A day outfit, a dinner outfit, jammies, and a comfy nap/lounging outfit. We used them all! There was not a single piece of clothing left. We also brought 3 bathing suits so they could dry in between each use.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!! ☺

My DD will be 20 months when we sail in a few weeks! We'll be on the Oasis, but glad to hear that you enjoyed the playtime activities. We'll also have an inside with a crib.

I asked in a separate thread with no response yet, but where did you change diapers during the day? As the poster responded to me, yes, I could just put a blanket on the floor--but I won't be doing that in the public restroom. And I'm sure I'd get the side-eye if we did that in a public area, out of the way or not! Any thoughts? Our stroller does recline, and we have changed her on it before in a secluded area, so I guess we may just end up doing that and ignoring the ppl that might get upset over it.

Oh, and did you take scented bags for diapers?

There are only changing tables on deck 11 and one other (I think 4 or 5). They are very strict about changing diapers on the pool deck. They came and yelled at us when we just took our daughters water diaper off. SO I would assume they are just as strict the rest of the ship, but I don't know. Whenever we needed a diaper change, we just went back to the room, the ship is big, but its not that big that you can't just go back to your room and change her/him on your bed.

As for bags, our room steward just gave us a roll of small trashbags, and so when we had a stinky one, we just put it in that bag and tied it up. Our room was changed twice a day, so our room never smelled like dirty diaper.

There are only changing tables on deck 11 and one other (I think 4 or 5). They are very strict about changing diapers on the pool deck. They came and yelled at us when we just took our daughters water diaper off. SO I would assume they are just as strict the rest of the ship, but I don't know. Whenever we needed a diaper change, we just went back to the room, the ship is big, but its not that big that you can't just go back to your room and change her/him on your bed.

As for bags, our room steward just gave us a roll of small trashbags, and so when we had a stinky one, we just put it in that bag and tied it up. Our room was changed twice a day, so our room never smelled like dirty diaper.

I figured they would be strict! You are right, we'll just have to suck it up. :)

That's great about the bags! We were going to buy some, but maybe we'll pass on that.

Archived