Driving to Ft Lauderdale Hotel

We're driving to Ft Lauderdale down I-95 and will be arriving late Friday night for a Saturday cruise. Since we'll only be there for a very short time, we want a clean cheap basic room in a safe area with continental breakfast. Will have our own car and will park at the cruiseport. La Quinta at Cypress Creek seems to fit most of our requirements. Is this a safe area? Other recs?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, that's in a safe area.

The main area with several motels to avoid in Fort Lauderdale is along State Road 84, that's not a safe neighborhood.

I don't know anything about that particular La Quinta other than seeing it as I've driven past, but Cypress Creek & I-95 is a safe area. It's just not very close to Port Everglades or the things that most tourists want to be near, but since you have a car and aren't arriving until late it should be perfectly fine.

The "best" area would be one of the hotels along SE17th Street as that's just outside the entrance to Port Everglades and there are many restaurants and shops within walking distance.

TrentS

Thanks for the info. I tried to find hotels along 17th street but those I found were either $100+ or sold out for our date, which is less than two weeks out. Last year we stayed at the LQ in Deerfield Beach on the way in. It was fine for my family, but our friends had WWIII going on in the room next to them. They thought bullets were going to start flying any minute. Called security 3 times and no one ever did anything. Very scary night with no sleep for them. Defeated the whole purpose of coming down a little early. Don't want a repeat this year!

Archived