1st time cruiser

jbomb316

First off, congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon. Second, just have fun. Enjoy your special time, make lots of memories and DON'T try to do EVERYTHING. You'll tire yourself out. Pick and choose activities and do the others on your next few cruises ;).

Again congratulations and enjoy!!

Bring some of your own medicine. Especially things like for upset stomach and sunburn. If you have to go to medical for some pepto, you may find yourself confined to your room for 24 hours. Other than that, just don't try to schedule yourself for too much stuff. There is way too much to do and you will find yourself just rushing around and before you know it your trip will be over. Some of the best times I have had on cruises were the completely unscheduled times when I just let myself relax and enjoy just being in the sun with a cold drink and some cool people. Have fun!

Have breakfast early in the morning, it's much nicer when everyone is asleep. Wake up early to see the ship arriving at the scheduled ports, probably some of the best scenery you'll see throughout the trip.

As for dinning, always eat breakfast and lunch in the main dinning room. You won't have to deal with the crowd, warm food and great service. Plus, you'll be able to sit by a window and enjoy the view, except when the ship is in port.

Get to the ship early, so you can see every corner of it and get some quality pictures. Your room will be available around 1:30pm but I would start checking around 1pm. Also, don't get too caught with drinks, I've seen people spend a small fortune. Best to pace yourself and not have a heart attack when you get the bill at the end of the trip.

Tips are charged on the second night of the cruise, recommend you check your S&S account once a day to make sure your account wasn't charged incorrectly. Last but not least, enjoy the trip and as the previous poster said, don't try to do it all. Excursions are pricey, I would focus on something unique like snorkeling at a popular location. Don't forget to buy an underwater camera, you'll end up with some good memories.

Congratulations and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Use cruise critc (ports of call section) to research all the amazing things to do in ports. Log onto the roll-call for your cruise so you can get tips and hints from other people cruising on your very same cruise. Get a balcony if at all possible so you and your wonderful bride can have private time, early morning coffee, and watch the ocean float past. Book a night in the steakhouse ...great experience. Bring along some sort of motion sickness meds... I am very prone to motion sickness so I always take a pill first thing in the morning and one before I go to sleep and I have never had an issue :) Take lots of pictures... Enjoy your HONEYMOON!!!!!

Don't forget about room service, it is free, just a tip for your delivery person. So nice to have coffee delivered in the morning, while getting ready for the day.

Get a Balcony, if possible. So nice to sit and watch and have your coffee or lunch. But I must say, once you have a Balcony, it is hard to go back to an inside room. :D

Have a great Honeymoon and don't do too many things. Save it for another cruise-----you probably will be hooked on cruising, after your first.

If you can, put money on your On Board Account and you will have less to pay at the end. Sometimes that can be a shocker !:eek:

Make sure you have many single dollars on hand, for the porter, cab driver, those that take your luggage, room service, etc.

For your morning coffee, in your room----look for the card hanging in your room somewhere---this is the morning menu, to be filled out and hung on the outside of your door, before bedtime, for morning delivery. This is such a nice thing and we didn't know about this till our 4th or 5th cruise. You can still go to the dinning room for your regular breakfast.

I was just wondering on some tips for me and my new bride we will be going on our first cruise for our honeymooon in april and would like to know somethings to do and not to do thanks

For new cruisers I always tell them to check there on board account on the TV while on the ship so you can keep track of your spending. Nothing worse than the big bill at the end of the cruise and you were not aware you had spent that much.

Everyone has given you great advice for sure in the previous posts but, my advice to you is to simply get on board and turn off your cell phones and unplug from the real world your leaving behind and relax don't worry about everything back home and enjoy each others company. My wife and I were in your shoes nearly ten years ago and I do have to warn you cruising has become a part of our lives for sure as you can see. Good luck, Congratulations!

Archived