Fish Fry location

scotts8826

I was reading about a location that was referred to as "Fish Fry" which has 4-5 restaurants in a cluster. I also thought I read about a couple different locations. Can anyone give me an idea of where this "fish Fry" is located? Is it within walking distance of the cruise ship port? It sounds like a great place to grab a little local cuisine.

It is about 1.5 miles from the port. You can take the #10 Jitney there for $1.25 and walk back if you like. I have been gathering information on this for the past 2 weeks. We are going on our cruise Friday and that will be out lunch stop the day we are in port. Everybody says it is a good time, good food, great price but service is often slow so be prepared for that. We are looking forward to going there. We will most likely walk ther and back. From what I understand, you walk out to the strret that runs along the water and head towards Senor' Frogs turm left and go up Bay St. Turn right and walk past the Hilton Hotel along the water and you will come to Junkaroo Beach first and then next the Fish Fry

It is about 1.5 miles from the port. You can take the #10 Jitney there for $1.25 and walk back if you like. I have been gathering information on this for the past 2 weeks. We are going on our cruise Friday and that will be out lunch stop the day we are in port. Everybody says it is a good time, good food, great price but service is often slow so be prepared for that. We are looking forward to going there. We will most likely walk ther and back. From what I understand, you walk out to the strret that runs along the water and head towards Senor' Frogs turm left and go up Bay St. Turn right and walk past the Hilton Hotel along the water and you will come to Junkaroo Beach first and then next the Fish Fry

Here is a link to Nassau port: http://www.worldisround.com/articles/307413/photo151.html If you click on view larger image, you will see McDonalds at the far left - I understand it is at West Bay/Nassau street areas just past BCH.

The walk is on mostly level terrain, a few curbs to step off of, and back on around the Hilton Area. It is a easy walk & there are few places to take scenic pictures.

Here is a map:

Nassau10Jitney_zpsf4e80edb.png

Arial View:

NassauMap.jpg

I took this picture along the walk ...

ParadiseIslandLightHouse.jpg

From Fish Fry ...

FishFry.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Earlier this month we walked there. Pleasant walk, along a pretty beach. We ate at Anchorage, in a purple building at the back.

Timewise, about how many minutes did it take you to walk back to the ship? Last time we were there it was dark out so we just took a taxi back. (We had a great taxi driver who took us from Comfort Suites to Oh Andros and then we called him on his cell and he came back for us and took us to the ship.) Big Mama at Oh Andros let us use her cell to call him. Very nice service and great food.

We walked and had no problem- we were going to take the #10 bus but saw a few signs pointing to the Fish Fry with distance indicators in yards, and thought 'why would we bother with a bus'? :confused: We stopped at Junkanoo beach for a beer along the way. It was a pleasant walk with nice views and we always felt safe.

We ate at Oh Andros, which was recommended at several locations and loved it. Split the seafood platter and an order of conch fritters between 2 people and were stuffed!

It rained and we ended up taking the bus back- very easy. They will direct you to the bust stop from the Fish Fry shops.

For the 2 pm ship departure- is your all aboard time at 1:30? Note that most of the Fish Fry shops aren't known for fast service, and if you are in a group it could be slower. Island Time, mon. You would have to be sure that they were open by 11 I think. We went a bit after 12, so I can't confirm an 11 am opening time, but maybe someone else can. I think it is doable if you watch the time and can be out of the restaurant by 12:30 to make sure you can catch a bus or taxi back, go through the cruise port building, get your ID checked to get back on the pier, and then get down the pier to your ship.

Have been to the Fish Fry twice. Walked from port both times. It's a beautiful walk,takes about 30 minutes. Most of the restaurants do open at 11am. And going then, the service is pretty quick because there's no one else there. The food both times was great. First time went to Twin Brother's ( I think that's the name). Second time went to one all the way at the end and to the right. I don't remember the name of it, but we sat on a deck that was right on the water. That place had the best conch fritters ever!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were just in Nassau two days ago. We walked along Bay Street and did some window shopping. We used the bathroom at the British Colonial Hilton and walked around the beach. We then walked east along Junkanoo and walked with our shoes off along the water. We walked all the way out to the Fish Fry. We ate at a place called Candies. We had 10 conch fritters for $3 bucks, a whole fried snapper for $9. We sat inside right under the A/C unit. We also had a fresh fruit smoothie with HUGE shots of rum! We then took the #10 bus back to the straw market for $1.25 each! The total cost was lunch and the bus... Better than any excursion I could have taken.

My wife and I were just in Nassau two days ago. We walked along Bay Street and did some window shopping. We used the bathroom at the British Colonial Hilton and walked around the beach. We then walked east along Junkanoo and walked with our shoes off along the water. We walked all the way out to the Fish Fry. We ate at a place called Candies. We had 10 conch fritters for $3 bucks, a whole fried snapper for $9. We sat inside right under the A/C unit. We also had a fresh fruit smoothie with HUGE shots of rum! We then took the #10 bus back to the straw market for $1.25 each! The total cost was lunch and the bus... Better than any excursion I could have taken.

Will the #10 jitney take you to the fish Fry as well as back? I'd love to go but have restricted mobility (dependant on a cane) and fear the walk might be too far for me.

Edited by twinzzz

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank everyone on this post GREAT INFORMATION the maps, the pictures, distances from port to FISH FRY location. This is just what i was lookin for were gonna be docked in Nassau for 8 or 9 hours. November 2nd her birthday GOOD LOCAL CUISINE (yum yum conch fritters) a beach close by. We"ll probably head over to the straw market i haven't been there since my last trip to Nassau like 1992. An 30 minutes top walk aint bad at all. Once again thanks

DH and I were there a few months ago and are going back next week. We did a walking tour of Nassau then did lunch. We highly recommend The Anchorage. It's at the far end of the Fish Fry but worth the extra steps. It was clean, great views, wonderful people and tasty food. The walk back is mostly along the beach so it was relaxing.

I doubt you will look back at your post.

We went to Candi's this week but did not remember the name. I did remember your post about a fish for $8.

Well, the fish shrank and the dollars have grown. We were served a 7" fish for $12.00 and all breaded up coch fritters that were cheap.

We were so disappointed not to have picked another place.

I actually returned my lunch the fish did not look that good.

Oh well, it was an adventure!

• 2 weeks later...