Cruise wear for transatlantic

Epaul3

Hey all! Will be going on my first transatlantic cruise in April. Have cruised many times before. I was wondering if the dress code will be different/more formal for this cruise?? Just want to make sure I pack correctly. Thanks!

so I layer...I am one who dresses every night for dinner.... 4-5 very Elegant, others country club/wedding type, daytime ports weather in mind. always a jacket n pancho. I do NOT have to watch my baggage weight allowance, so I take whatever I desire to look well every day.

I think it depends on the ship. Generally, TAs attract more older/retired people because it's easier for them to get away for longer periods of time. Generally, older people will be more respectful of dress codes. (Note that I said "generally".)

It's been our experience that people tend to dress up more for formal nights on longer cruises. They may wear the same thing more than once, but they do dress. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing the same thing twice - especially with the cost of extra baggage on planes.

We're doing a TA also in April and I'm planning to take two dresses plus a pair of tuxedo pants with a couple of different dressy tops - which should take me through the 5 or so formal nights. I'm also taking a wrap to wear if it gets cold.

As to day clothes, do plan to layer. You could have really beautiful weather, or it could vary from hot to very chilly. Plan so everything works together so you don't need to pack as much. We've already planned to use the laundry and dry cleaning services.

You might want to check on your roll call to see exactly what people are thinking for your particular cruise.

Archived