Formal Night

Is the equivalent of the "little black dress" dressy enough for formal night? This would be in Alaska if it matters

The little black dress can go anywhere! Dress it up and it is fine for formal night--on any itinerary. :)

I wore a little black dress on an AK cruise. It was perfectly acceptable but in the lower of end of formal. There were some really lovely, very formal dresses (full length w/ train yet!) that cast my lbd into the shade.

M/R

the little black dress is always acceptable for formal or dress-up occasions anywhere, I think. and you can wear more jewelry or accessories for a formal night and less for something less formal.

I just cannot get dressed up in gowns, it's not my style or personality, and swore off pantyhouse, so I usually wear dressy outfits that have pants. one standby is a silvery pants suit. it really runs the gamut from full blown sequined gowns and tuxedos to dressy pant suits and men in dark suits and ties.

Is the equivalent of the "little black dress" dressy enough for formal night? This would be in Alaska if it matters

Yes, lbd is preferable if it allows tattoos to be easily displayed (LOL).

I couldn't believe how many - and how obvious - the tattoos were on Horizon Bermuda pax two weeks ago. My review pointed out that tattoos finally outnumbered tuxedos on formal night. Go for it!

We just got off the Summit Alaska cruise. I was surprised at how formal many people were (but of course others had on more simple dresses or pant suits). I brought 1 formal dress and 1 lbd. The little black dress was fine -- I felt better since I had my rhinestone jewelry and shoes for my formal dress that I also wore with my lbd to dress it up some. I highly recommend a wrap of some kind if your dresses are sleeveless (or even short sleeve) as it can get very cool. I didn't have one but bought one in a store onboard for $10 (best deal of the cruise!).

Archived