Steakhouse on the first night

missmacie

Totally random, but I've heard that you get a free bottle of wine if you book a reservation for the steakhouse on the first night.

1) Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

2) Anyone that has done it before, I feel like it's *bad* not to show up to dinner on the first night.. that's just me being crazy, right!? lol

Totally random, but I've heard that you get a free bottle of wine if you book a reservation for the steakhouse on the first night.

2) Anyone that has done it before, I feel like it's *bad* not to show up to dinner on the first night.. that's just me being crazy, right!? lol

1) It is true that you get a free bottle of wine on the first night of your cruise. It is a very good deal, if you are going to the Steakhouse anyway....

2) I have done this every 7 day or longer cruise that I have been on, and NO, it is not BAD to not show up for dinner the first night. You are totally being crazy..... Don't worry, be happy.... A free bottle of wine is a free bottle of wine.....lol

I believe this is still true...it definitely has been in the past. I don't like to miss the MDR the first night either, but it's just a personal preference.

We arent fans of the night 1 MDR menu, so we did the Steakhouse on Night 1 of the Splendor...you get a choice of Santa Carolina Merlot or Chardonnay. Its a good deal and we were going anyway.

We didnt finish and they poured the rest in glasses for us to take away and enjoy.

There is usually plenty of availability on the first night which is probably the reason for the free wine.

Thanks

It wasnt busy at all. Which we really liked...had a nice long meal...window seat and saw another CCL ship at sea.

Sounds like a plan, i think we will go on the first night.:)

We arent fans of the night 1 MDR menu, so we did the Steakhouse on Night 1 of the Splendor...you get a choice of Santa Carolina Merlot or Chardonnay. Its a good deal and we were going anyway.

We didnt finish and they poured the rest in glasses for us to take away and enjoy.

If dining with someone that doesn't drink, do they still give you a full bottle and can you take it with you as you leave to have another night?

Before your time dining we would never go to a specialty restaurant on the first night since we wanted to meet our tablemates & waiters. But back then the food was much better in the mdr so really didn't want miss some of the special items on the menu either. We are doing your time dining & we have reservations on the Splendor for the steakhouse on the first & last nights. That way I can try a couple of their great appys & maybe even both the onion soup & lobster bisque. I'm not a steak eater but the lobster was really good & I'd love to try the lamb....looks fabulous. Does anyone know the difference between the cowboy steak & the ribeye?

We plan to dine in the steakhouse with 2 other couples. Does anyone know if you only get 1 free bottle per table or per stateroom?

That's a good question. We only got one bottle and we had 2 rooms - but our underage kids occupied the 2nd room. Maybe you guys should book 3 reservations at the same time and then arrive at hostess and see if they can seat you guys at a table for 6? Like I said, I remember it only being half full.

We don't like missing the MDR on the first night, but we are cruising out of San Juan at 10 pm and the first night you don't get seated at your table as it is only open seating that night so we are doing the steakhouse. Free wine is just an added bonus.

I believe the policy is 1 bottle per reservation, not per state room.

We plan to dine in the steakhouse with 2 other couples. Does anyone know if you only get 1 free bottle per table or per stateroom?

It's 1 bottle per table so I suggest you each get your own table. I have heard that they sometimes will give you 1 bottle per couple but we went with our friends and would only give 1 bottle for the 4 of us. After that we always get a table for 2. Even if we have friends going we all get our own table now. Anyway we always go the first nite. but we usually hit the steakhouse twice. On the newer ships like the Breeze that have more pay restaurants we would probably on ly go to the steakhouse once and hit a different venue another nite.

If dining with someone that doesn't drink, do they still give you a full bottle and can you take it with you as you leave to have another night?

If you give them your table number, they will hold the bottle. Ask your waiter in the MDR and they will retrieve for you for dinner later in the week.

I always do the steakhouse the first night. On the Liberty, they were really pushing the free bottle of wine!

I have tried to get reservations for my trip in 3 weeks on the Glory, but they WILL NOT email me back. Hopefully there will be something available when I get on the ship.

Did anyone think the free wine was awful? We did the steakhouse on the Pride last Oct. the first night and got 2 bottles of wine. There were 5 of us and we had 3 cabins booked-all adults. I don't drink wine but the others chose the red wine (choice was red or white) and they thought it wasn't even drinkable. I have no idea of the name of the wine but my BIL said it probably costs $5 for the bottle:D.

Archived