Great Excursion--Speedboat for Two

cowhip

We just returned from our cruise this week and booked the "Hideaway Speedboat Escape" excursion. They pick you up at the pier and take you to the north end of the island where you get your own Speedboat (seats two). You drive it out along the coastline for about and hour and then you then arrive at the private and beautiful beach where you can swim, snorkle, and sit under beach umbrellas and have a Mexican lunch. My parents went (they are in their 70's) and loved it...along with our college age kids! The whole excursion was 3 1/2 hours and worth every penny! ($99). Ask for Ramone as your tour guide...he's great!

We booked this cruise through Carnival and they charged $99 per person. However. if you go to their link above, I believe its $20 cheaper to book directly through the Hideaway Escape Tour Group. Their rates are at the bottom of the link.:)

Thanks for the information. Have another couple of questions in regard to any excursions: How far ahead do you book your excursion, whether through the ship or on your own? I know if ship itinerary changes you can get your excursion refunded or changed. Has anyone had experienced a change/cancellation with an independant?

Thanks for the help

Archived