balcony rooms

jonle1

Question: on a canival ship, like the valor, if i were to get a standard class, like 8c or something balcony, forward port,

can anyone else see me on the balcony? I just would like to know how private the private balconies really are.

Thanks!

oh ya, is the 7 night carnival cruise out of san Juan homo-friendly?

While at sea, if you walked nude on the balcony and leaned on the railing, I think it would be difficult for the bridge to tell if you (a male) were "sin ropa," but if your nosey neighbor wanted to diligently look for reflections in the glass, I think they could indeed see the reflection and see the shape of a naked body. Would it be possible to tell your shoe size? They would have to look really hard... you should pardon the pun.

There is a space of about 2 inches from the divider and the glass portion of the lower rail... so it is entirely about what angle your neighbor could get looking for the reflection. It's a lot of work to catch a glimpse. I've opened my robe or towel while seated without worry... beyond that, just depends on how bold you are about the potential exposure.

Noise is a bigger issue... I wouldn't say anything on the balcony I wanted to be sure no one heard. If you were doing something on the balcony with any sound effects at all, I'd count on someone being able to hear. Are they listening, who knows?

In port? I wouldn't count on privacy at all. And if you want to be absolutely sure of your complete privacy, the balcony may not be your best choice.

Carnival Dream has a new class of stateroom called "Cove Balcony". They are located on level 2, down close to the water. They are completely private side-to-side except for about an inch on the bottom, and the life boats are above you. The front of the balcony has a large section open, but it is not completely open. We could not see any of our neighbors in any direction, without leaning out way over the balcony, which is stupid to do anyways. My partner and I booked a "balcony guarantee" room on the Dream, Dec 2012, Eastern Caribbean. We did not get assigned a stateroom until the last minute. We were initially disappointed to see the cove balcony, but we fell in love with it quickly due to the privacy and the close view of the water. Other cruisers on our floor mentioned how much they really liked the new cove balconies too. We did have high winds on one day (of seven) where we got a little spray. I am told they can be completely closed off in really rough seas, but we did not experience that. I believe Carnival is the only fleet to have these staterooms, and only on the Dream and her two sister ships. Best of all, we paid $150 less per person compared to the balconies on the high levels.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a nude cruise on the Carnival freedom. We were on deck 9 very forward, only one room ahead of us. There is a deck area that juts out that anyone can go out on and see onto many decks on many levels. Since this was a nude cruise, we didn't care about being seen naked of course but had to limit any other type of activity until dark!

Hawaii 2010

BOFI 2011

FF2 2011

BNB cabin 9210

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived