Godrfey and St Thomas beach choices

Hrc568

We have Godfrey booked for our shore excursion is St Thomas. He is offering 3 beach choices and I am looking for any advise or suggestions on where to go (beach choice!). Our options are Magens Bay, Coki Point or Sapphire Beach. Thanks

He'll give you the plusses and minus of each one. He seemed to be steering me away from Megans bay, for the crowds and the entrance fee. But that's where I wanted to go. He dropped people off at each of the beaches, and picked us up two hours later.

He was mentioning water clarity and the snorkling at one of the other beaches, but we weren't into snorkling this time. That I save for St. John.

Godfrey is the best,

Extremely knowledgable....

we did'nt want to go to maegan's bay becasue of the entrance fee & Crowds either,

but we did want to snorkle and did just that.

His tour was well worth the $ 20.00 per person.

You will enjoy !:)

We went with Godfrey last November. We went to Sapphire because it was less populated. Had a great time there. The beach that is the clearest(if memory serves me well) is Coki beach. Some friends went there and said the snorkeling was great!

I loved Godfrey too. I found out about him from these boards. Like someone said before he will tell you which one is the best for the day you are there.. We did Coki Beach too. It was really beautiful and clear. I dont think we had to pay any admittance fee or anything there... but i cant really remember

I reserved with Godfrey for 12-3-05 but he didn't send back a confirmation. Is this the norm? Should I re reserve? please advise those of you who used him in the past did you gaet a confirmation????? Thanks in advance foryour replies.

We chose Coki ... it was reasonably quiet, gorgeous to look at! (We'd snorkeled at a previous port, so just got an umbrella and read in the shade for a couple of hours) It wasn't crowded or unpleasantly busy. (we sailed Memorial Day weekend, 2003)

We'd brought a small bag with some snacks, so didn't need to buy anything. But, there were concessions there for food, water equipment, etc. And , wandering drink vendors.

We ran into our favrotie piano bar cocktail waitress at Coki. She came up and chatted with us for awhile.

Godfrey was always very responsive to emails and questions. We paid him $50 total after the tour (nice tip .. he was great!).

--Heidi

We're going to use Godfrey tours this July and we're planning on going to Sapphire Beach.

You may want to check the St. Thomas board; there are a few good threads regarding Godfrey and/or beach choices.

I reserved with Godfrey for 12-3-05 but he didn't send back a confirmation. Is this the norm? Should I re reserve?

I got an answer from him 3 weeks later, with an apology that he didn't respond sooner, that he had a death in the family and had to leave the island.

I would contact him again, and mention it that you had already contacted him.

I had to adjust my reservation minus one, and used his form. He emailed me back within a day or two.

we did the tour (loved it, and him, he also got a nice tip from us) and went to Sapphire. I'd recommend packing food if you can swing it...the only food available to us (without trucking down to the next beach, a few blocks away) was an $8 hamburger and bag of potato chips, LOL. We just rented a raft and hung out, it was great.

and yes, I'd definately contact him again if you didn't receive a confirmation from him. I've read that he can be slow to reply, but I didn't personally have that problem.

Great tour, we have been to Magans twice and enjoyed very much. Not too crowded, good food and beach chair or water drink service. My kind of an afternoon... Snorkeling is better at Coki, not doubt. It depends on what you want to do. If you are goning to snorkle bring some fish food with you. A few dog biscuts work wonders.

Smooth sailing

Just got back today from the Legend and took Godfrey's tour. He was wonderful! I chose Coki beach and would probably choose Megan's Bay if I go back again. Coki was a small beach and it was really crowded. I went there for the jet ski's but could not get on b/c of the crowds.

Otherwise it was a pretty beach.

Denyce

You have picked the right tour guide!!!

Read my review of Godfrey's tour at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=137471&page=2&pp=26.

You can also see some underwater pictures I took at Coki beach with a disposable underwater camera (Cheap) at Pictures.

This is my favorite one, and gives you an idea how many fish I saw at Coki Beach! :eek: 271108939bsPRlZ_ph.jpg271108939bsPRlZ#

Archived