Snorkeling in Curacao

SDCfirsttimeer

• 2 months later...

Hope this is not too late for you.

We loved Playa Porto Marie. Great Beach, Rest Rooms, Dive Shop, Bar/restaurant and lots of fish. Plus the water is so salty, you don't need a life vest, you just float.

Google Playa Porto Marie for more info.

It's kind of hard to get to the best snorkeling beaches. Playa Porto Marie is really off the beaten path. You can usually see some flamingoes on the way, though. We drove there on our way back from Wespunt but did not snorkel there--just wanted to see where it was in case we return.

• 2 weeks later...

We don't arrive in port in Curacao until 2 p.m. and have only been able to find snorkel boats that go out in the morning. The ship doesn't offer any snorkel tours (very unusual for a Caribbean port). Does anyone know of a company that takes out snorkel trips in the afternoon? We'll be there on the Carnival Breeze in early June.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you found any snorkel tours that go out in the afternoon? I think we are about to book the same cruise you are likely on (Breeze - June 8) and I'm doing some quick checking on excursions. Snorkeling is definitely our highest priority on this cruise and from my research I believe Curacao should have the best, though the late port time makes it a bit more difficult. I'd love to hear if you've found anything!

We have decided to do the ship excursion in Curacao. We are on the June 22 (Jewel). It is the snorkel and sightseeing cruise that goes out to the sunken tugboat. We looked into Bounty Adventures and decided against it because of a few reviews that talked about the mixed messages they received on their departure time/location, etc. It looked like a good amount of people loved it, but I was a little skeptical about reliability. I've second guessed myself several times since booking

They have a half day trip that stops at two locations (one being the tugboat) and they serve a BBQ on the way back. I think the price was around $70 per person. Hope this helps!

Archived