Spa Services- pre-reserve or wait to do it onboard?

slimkat

Thinking of getting a treatment. Not sure if I should book now or wait to do it on board. I've never been on an RCI cruise before but I have been on others. Do they offer any great deals on embarkation day? I am almost certain that the other cruises I have been on do so.

Thanks.

Kathy

Thinking of getting a treatment. Not sure if I should book now or wait to do it on board. I've never been on an RCI cruise before but I have been on others. Do they offer any great deals on embarkation day? I am almost certain that the other cruises I have been on do so.

Thanks.

Kathy

If you have on board credit you would like to use for the spa, you should to book on board. Anything you book before the cruise will be charged immediately to your credit card, and won't use on board credit.

I would wait if I were you. It's very unlikely that the particular service will "sell out" or be unavailable at a time that is convenient to you. I prebooked a massage on the Oasis last September. Once I got onboard, I decided to surprise DH with a couples massage. I spoke with the spa manager about "converting" my single massage appointment into one for a couple. I figured they could apply the payment already made against the price of the couples massage. Instead, they indicated that they would refund the price paid and I would have to pay for the couples massage in full. Needless to say, it was a major hassle to get the refund as apparently it could not be refunded to my shipboard account and I had to deal directly with Steiner after the cruise to get the refund credited back to my credit card. I learned my lesson on that one for sure.

I also agree with the PP that it's not a bad idea to wait and see what sort of spa specials are offered during the week.

Points well taken everyone. Unfortunately I am not receiving any OBC but I think you are right in waiting to see what the daily specials are. And surely I do not want any refund issues. A girl need her cash!!! :D

Archived