Grand Lucayan Resort Day pass info

SpeedsterX

It's the old Westyn Resort in Freeport. I know you experts already know this but I have been searching and searching for this information for days here on Cruise Critic and could not find a firm and current answer.

I just called them direct and asked if cruise ship pax'ers can buy a day pass and enjoy their resort. She said YES, it is $15 per adult (half that for kids). It's use of their chairs, pools, shops, restaurants etc.. but she stressed, BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS. There's nothing included in this. No lunches, alcohol etc.. So bring money.

This might be simple known info to some but as I searched, I could not find this simple answer anywhere that was not 4-5 years old. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help.

Since you called them, what did they say when you asked whether you could pay by cash or by credit card?

Lady said cash only. One would think such a large establishment would take credit cards. I have my doubts, but I repeated, "So you take cash only?" and she said, "Yes". Hmmmm,,,,

Also, she said you just go to the front desk and pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went there in January and had a nice day. Originally went to public beach on right side of resort, but soon realized we could buy a day pass for $15 and hang out at the pool, etc. They took cash as we entered the facility and gave us a wrist band. The food and drinks were by credit card only. They have a really nice pool area. We ate across the street at the market and had nice local food for reasonable cost. The only thing I didn't really like was that we were on the windward side of the island (I think) and the water was a little rough. Heard other cruisers say the beaches they went to were very smooth. Will be there again in April with grand daughters so plan on a different beach (possibly Taino). Have fun.

• 1 year later...

There were no beach activities when we were there last year. The beach was not the greatest and the water was a little rough that day for my kids. We spent the day in the wonderful pool and shopped across the street at the marketplace. Have fun!