Cave Tubing with X-Stream

vacationaddict

I second this. We had our son with us (wouldn't stay on the ship) so when we arrived, we told them that we could not go on the trip, but we were willing to pay the money anyway. He told us "don't worry" and after they checked all the tubers in, he took us, in his vehicle to the zoo (per our request), walked with us through the zoo, took us around Belize giving us a history lesson as we went, stopped so we could see the real Belize, and charged us less money over all. I thought that this was wonderful.

I really expected nothing more than, sorry you can't go but we need our money, and instead got a good tour of Belize.

• 2 weeks later...

X-stream is a very professional outfit we had JR and JP or something like that:p They have two versions, the regular X-stream cave tubing for 7 years and up ( it might be 8 years, I can't remember) and a special tours for families with kids 5 years and up, more specialized with smaller groups. Our ship had a minimum age of 10 or 12 and our kids (younger then that) have a ball on the regular X-stream trip

Our son is 4. Our hope was that he would love the RCI's kids program and would stay on board. Of course, that didn't happen. Richard told us that we could have taken him on the smaller cave tube thing for kids, because he is very tall for his age. Unfortunately, we didn't have our suits and watershoes with us, because we assumed that we wouldn't be able to go. Lesson learned. I think it becomes up to the parent...will the child freak out in the cold water, can he swim well enough, will he walk the mile to get there. That sort of thing.

Archived