NCL's Belizian Beach Day-Horrible

karenj4546

We just returned from NCL's Sea cruise. We had such a terrible time at the Belizian Beach day that I felt a warning to others was in order.

NCL's website listed this excursion as a fun beach day filled with snorkeling with rays and sharks, kayaks, all the rum punch you could stand.... DH describes this place as the only ugly water in the Caribbean....brown. Snorkeling meant an upcharge of $15 p/p to take you to a reef. When we asked about the rays and sharks, they told us that they didn't have sharks and rays and we booked the wrong tour. The rum punch was the worst tasting stuff I've EVER had. When I asked about the "rum" that they used, the bartender admitted that it was moonshine that none of them would EVER drink.

A few people seemed to enjoy themselves, but most of us were very disappointed. When one pair of women went to the shore excursion desk to comment on the tour, the woman at the desk told them outright that they were wrong about the rum, etc. and didn't even try to be polite to them.

Buyer beware with this tour!!!!

We are going on Norwegian Sea on 6/18/2005 and had booked this excursion but were concerned at how it would be. We went to Tabyana beach party and snorkel and Avalon Bay, last year and loved both of them. But we were rained out in Belize. So this year we were looking for a really nice beach in Belize to spend the day and thought about Belizean Beach Day it sounded okay but we had concerns not knowing for sure. Now that I have heard your opinion I will be talking to DH to think about changing our minds on this excursion. That might be a good day to spend on the ship resting by the pool. Thanks for the warning.

If clean/clear water is what you had in mind, do skip this. My 11 y/o daughter wouldn't get in to the water after she started getting stung by something....too bad it wasn't clear enough to see in 2 feet of water what was stinging her. BUT if an 11 y/o won't go in, you KNOW that something's wrong!

The same thing happened to us in March. We pre-booked the tour online prior to the cruise. The Excursion book said swimming with rays and sharks and snorkling. Once we got to the beach we were also offered to be taken to the reef for a addtional $15 for snorkling. We complained as soon as we returned and were told the Manager from the Excursion Desk would get back with us. We got a letter on our door the morning we departed saying they would do nothing. Basically we paid $59 to sit on a beach with murkey water.

Big Rip Off!!!

Archived