What Time Off of Ship in MIA

pumbaa70

I was just off the Wonder on Feb 2. I went to breakfast at Beach Blanket around 7:30 but ate quickly. We walked off the ship (didn't check any luggage the night before). We had our rental car at the Miami airport (via the rental shuttle -Avis) and were to Port Everglades before 10 am.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So how far is Port Everglades from Miami Airport as I am from NJ?

Depends on traffic. If you're trying to do that at 8 AM on a weekday, it's going to take you an hour+ due to traffic (southbound I-95 is terrible that time of day; northbound isn't quite so bad, but it can be rough as well near Fort Lauderdale). Outside of traffic you can do it in 30-35 minutes or so.

Right now it may be longer than that given all the road construction going on around Port Everglades.

so if I take my luggage with me I could be at Kennedy Space Center by 12?

It's about 3 hours or so if you've got a car with a SunPass (Florida equivalent to the EZPass) and can pay tolls on the Turnpike. Given time to get off the ship, go to the Miami Airport, get a car, drive off... 12:30 or 1 would be more likely, but if you're lucky/good you can get there by noon.

hey wild you know what color tags get off first? also did u have luggage or did u not check it?

I did not have any checked luggage. I traveled with another solo and we did carryons only. You can do express walkoff with luggage, too, but you have to schlepp it all to breakfast and then get it off the boat, which can be a hassle if you are also trying to keep track of kids.

I don't know which tags were going off first, but think those are all distributed based upon your cabin location.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's about 3 hours or so if you've got a car with a SunPass (Florida equivalent to the EZPass) and can pay tolls on the Turnpike. Given time to get off the ship, go to the Miami Airport, get a car, drive off... 12:30 or 1 would be more likely, but if you're lucky/good you can get there by noon.

You wouldn't be using sunpass. If Huey's going to the space center then they would take 95 up. Which has no tolls.

Archived