Great Service at Fine Arts Belize

lostinplace

I just wanted to pass along a story of great customer service. In January we were in Belize on the Splendour of the Seas. We bought a wooden salad bowl set (big bowl, tongs, six small serving bowls) from Fine Arts Gallery. After we had the set home a few weeks, cracks developed in the bottom of the large bowl. My boss is a wood turner and he thought it looked like the wood had not been dried properly.

I e-mailed the shop (they had put their card w/ e-mail address on it in the bag) and told them what happened. They requested a few digital pictures of the item and agreed that the wood was not dried properly.

They said they would send me a new bowl, no charge, no shipping fees, didn't have to send the old bowl back, not a dime!! It took a while to get a new bowl in, as they had supplier problems, but Anne kept me up to date on what was happening.

I got the replacement bowl today, and it's nicer than the original. I am really happy with how they handled this problem as quickly as they could, always had good communication, and sent a replacement fully at their expense. They could have just as easily assumed that I would come back one every couple of years (maybe) and blow it off, but they took care of it. That's better service than at the local stores I shop at.

They are near the tender docks (to your left as you walk out the gates, on the end near the Green Iguana bar, I think). Website is: www.fineartsbelize.com.

Archived