fat jimmy's ?

gene g

I don't see it listed on the deck plan, but the Dream was the ship where the crowding problems were first addressed by adding BBQ on the Lanai and a Salad and Wrap station on Ocean Plaza........

It may not be called Fat Jimmies until 2.0 upgrades, but I think there is BBQ on the starboard lanai.........

• 1 month later...

We were on the Dream last March and they set up the barbeque on the lanai on sea days. The Dream lido was very crowded so the bque station and the wrap station were lifesavers for us. To be honest, I didn't really care for the Dream, my favorite class being the conquest class. We had traveled the Spirit class and Conquest class previously. Of course the Dream held more people but the public areas seemed the same size or smaller than the Conquest class. It was like they added more staterooms but not more public space for the additional people.

Of course, all that being said, I would definitely sail that class ship again if it had the right itinerary or the right price. Also, I will say that the crew and officers were the nicest on the Dream than any other cruise that we had sailed on. They were very approachable and helpful. One of the officers seemed to be my personal go to person as we seemed to meet up every day. He was always very helpful and went out of his way to make sure that me and my family was having a good time.

Being from the south the bque was not what I was used to and seemed to be more of a mexican/grill type of food but was still very good and worth trying.

Archived