Hawaii cruise Jan. 19

Hockeylovinmom

We returned to Princess after cruising NCL for a few years. The Sapphire princess is a beautiful ship. Embarkation was as easy as it ever is. We tried to get to the dining room for lunch, but we unsure whether or not to go to the international dining room as we were signed up for "anytime" dining...so, we ended up at the Horizon Court buffet. NOT a good experience due to a lot of passenger confusion. The cooks and waiters seemed overwhelmed. We ate a little then went to our cabin. It was clean and attractive with a large balcony (nice). Sail away was smooth, but the trip to Hawaii was rough ( as expected). I enjoyed the scholarship at sea activities. The lecturer was very good. I sang with the Princess Pop Choir and took ukulele lessons! Great fun! All the crew was incredibly helpful and courteous. We tried the Horizon Court several times but were really unimpressed -- and we are not picky. The International Cafe was very good and handy. The dining rooms were good. Sterling steakhouse was awesome with awesome service as was the premium Italian restaurant Sabatini's. We purchased a coffee card as the cruise line's regular coffee was not good. This was inconvenient because you couldn't get the "good" coffee through room service. ): The ship tours were very good. We must have seen dozens of whales -- some from the deck of the ship! The trip back was relatively smooth and highlighted by choir and ukulele performances ( hula too). Embarkation was easy. Quite enjoyable - great service - so-so food - I'd sail Princess again depending on the itinerary but our next cruise is on NCL who has spoiled us with suite perks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for posting your cruise review, Hockeylovinmom.

We are on this cruise next month on the Golden. Would you be willing to give more details about the ship's excursions you took? What did you do in Maui and Kauai? We definitely want to go Pearl Harbor and see the USS Arizona memorial on Oahu and see the volcanoes on Hawaii, but cannot deside on the other two islands.

This is our first cruise on a Princess ship and are wondering what to expect.

Thanks so much.

Archived