Sept-Iles Quebec

I was curious if anyone had suggestions what do at this port. Even ships tours seem very limited in this port.

Thank you.

We were there many years ago, the ship was in for 2 nights. We did 2 tours, which included walking to a waterfall, and a tour of a maple farm.

The 'Old Towne' is great, and the 'Natives' were more than friendly, in fact IMO Quebec City is the safest place that we have visited.

john

When we were there, my father took the ship's sponsored tour of the Aluminum Plant. He's an engineer and it was just the thing for him. My younger brother took a tour that visited a native village outside of Sept-Iles. My mother and I just walked around the town -- we found a delightful little cafe to warm up with some hot cocoa and then wandered a bit more to find a couple of shops. Then it started raining buckets, so we raced back to the tent at the port where there was a nice craft fair.

I was there several years ago, and there were plans to upgrade the port facilities, which may have been done in the meantime. But it was a nice little town to just wander about. I did find that in the smaller communities in Quebec, it is unusual to find English spoken/written, and that may be an issue if you do not speak French.

Archived