Cheers program

dlnemet628

OK 2 question about it. Does anyone know what the complete price is if you buy it in the port of Miami ($42.95 pre day + Tips + Taxes = ????). Second do they shut you off after a total of 15 drinks or can you pay for additional ones seperately

Thanks for your help

OK 2 question about it. Does anyone know what the complete price is if you buy it in the port of Miami ($42.95 pre day + Tips + Taxes = ????). Second do they shut you off after a total of 15 drinks or can you pay for additional ones seperately

Thanks for your help

Dont know the answer to the first one but no your not shut off you can buy more as long as your not plowed.

For the 2 of us for a 7 day cruise it was $691. The only time you pay taxes is if you get a drink while you are in port, so you will see charges for $0.63 cents or so depending on your drink while in a US port. (We also got charged while docked in San Juan).

They will serve you after 15 if you are coherent. You will just have to pay the normal price.

Just off the Valor and the first day while in port you pay the taxes on each drink and being in Miami the taxes on a coors lite was .46 cents, ONCE you have reached 15 drinks you CANNOT purchase an alcoholic drink, YOU can purchase BEFORE you reach the 15 limit, we were told to do this by the bartenders... we did not pay taxes on any other drink in any other port,

each drink is listed on your sail and sign bill at the end of the cruise so expect it to be pages and pages long...lol

I really wish Carnival would iron out off these discrepancies and stick to a uniform program for every ship. We are interested in purchasing Cheers for our cruise but would like to know exactly what we are buying. It seems that some ships don't cut you off at all, others are firm at the 15 drink limit but let you purchase more at regular price, some dont let you purchase after the 15 drink point, some count soda towards the limit, some don't.

I recently went on a RC open bar cruise and it was just that- open bar. I paid a bit more per day than the Cheers program costs but didn't have to worry about anything after that.

I am sailing on the Freedom in March 9th I was planing on picking up the program for my wife and I. I did not hear that sodas counted against you and I never heard of people cut off after 15. I just hope they dont cancel the program at the last minute because I usally pruchace liters of spirits delivered to my room and I was not going to and buy the cheers.

I really wish Carnival would iron out off these discrepancies and stick to a uniform program for every ship. We are interested in purchasing Cheers for our cruise but would like to know exactly what we are buying. It seems that some ships don't cut you off at all, others are firm at the 15 drink limit but let you purchase more at regular price, some dont let you purchase after the 15 drink point, some count soda towards the limit, some don't.

I recently went on a RC open bar cruise and it was just that- open bar. I paid a bit more per day than the Cheers program costs but didn't have to worry about anything after that.

Something funny you sailed with the bradentucky bombers One of my neighbors is friends with a girl on the team I live near the areana thats off of manatee ave.

Just off the Valor and the first day while in port you pay the taxes on each drink and being in Miami the taxes on a coors lite was .46 cents, ONCE you have reached 15 drinks you CANNOT purchase an alcoholic drink, YOU can purchase BEFORE you reach the 15 limit, we were told to do this by the bartenders... we did not pay taxes on any other drink in any other port,

each drink is listed on your sail and sign bill at the end of the cruise so expect it to be pages and pages long...lol

I just sailed the Breeze from 1/27/13 to 2/2/13, was on the Cheers program, and they would allow you to purchase drinks, at regular price, once you reached the 15 drink limit. Actually if you found the right bartenders, they would give you more than the 15 allowed free drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
I just sailed the Breeze from 1/27/13 to 2/2/13, was on the Cheers program, and they would allow you to purchase drinks, at regular price, once you reached the 15 drink limit. Actually if you found the right bartenders, they would give you more than the 15 allowed free drinks.

Good info- thanks! Now I just need to find out about the Glory.

Is it 15 per cabin or per person?

I am sailing on the Freedom in March 9th I was planing on picking up the program for my wife and I. I did not hear that sodas counted against you and I never heard of people cut off after 15. I just hope they dont cancel the program at the last minute because I usally pruchace liters of spirits delivered to my room and I was not going to and buy the cheers.

I would print the Cheers guidelines from the carnival.com website....it clearly states that soda's and non-alcoholic frozen drinks are included as free on the plan but DO NOT count toward the 15 drink limit.

Is it 15 per cabin or per person?

It's 15 per person, but everyone in the cabin over the age of 21 has to purchase the program. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I would print the Cheers guidelines from the carnival.com website....it clearly states that soda's and non-alcoholic frozen drinks are included as free on the plan but DO NOT count toward the 15 drink limit.

It's 15 per person, but everyone in the cabin over the age of 21 has to purchase the program. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Thanks

Thanks for your help

Seriously??? Unless you are an Alcoholic you should not drink even 15 drinks per day. If your body is not accustomed to it you can get alcohol poisoning. I'm amazed that there are any people purchasing this program since if you are not an alcoholic, its not a good deal. If you are an alcoholic it's still not a good deal since you cauld buy an entire liter of booze from BonVoyage department for about $60.

We frequently book tours that include open bars and pay $50-$60 for them but they also include beach, snorkelling, lunch, etc....

Seriously??? Unless you are an Alcoholic you should not drink even 15 drinks per day. If your body is not accustomed to it you can get alcohol poisoning. I'm amazed that there are any people purchasing this program since if you are not an alcoholic, its not a good deal. If you are an alcoholic it's still not a good deal since you cauld buy an entire liter of booze from BonVoyage department for about $60.

We frequently book tours that include open bars and pay $50-$60 for them but they also include beach, snorkelling, lunch, etc....

Judge much??? Your post adds nothing to the discussion. This is the problem with CC. People see a topic they clearly have nothing of substance to contribute but nonetheless feel the need to insert their opinion anyway.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Do you happen to remember any of their names?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Judge much??? Your post adds nothing to the discussion. This is the problem with CC. People see a topic they clearly have nothing of substance to contribute but nonetheless feel the need to insert their opinion anyway.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

LOL I agree , I was just using that one as example to my wife why these boards have went to ***** , why would you even open up that up , I knew this topic would bring out some kind of response, glad it didnt let me down :rolleyes:

My husband and I are planning to take advantage of the Cheers Program on the Pride in April. It takes about 6-7 drinks to break even. Mu hubby likes his beer. I like a couple frozen drinks by the pool during the day. We have late dining and enjoy a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner. Then a glass or two at dinner. Right there I should break even! Then bring on a show or comedian and I make out in the deal. Not an alcoholic....just enjoying my vacation!! The last cruise we went on we spent more than what this package will cost. So hopefully they keep it on the Pride in April!

Thanks for calling me an alcoholic :). Just off the liberty and we did the cheers program. I reached 14 drink on 2 occasions. I was told I had 1 more then they would have to charge me. I was going to bed anyways so never needed them. It was $346/ person. I was charged .46 for each beer while in Miami. At the end of the cruise I counted my drinks and figure I broke about even. For me knowing ahead of time what I was paying made it worth it for me

Seriously??? Aren't you the judgemental one. :cool:

We were on the 2/16 Breeze 8 day southern and purchased Cheers for 790 for the 2 of us. We never hit 15 but several days had 12-14. One day we only had 5 between us. We figured it all out with an average at the end and it saved us about $500. We had plenty of fun but were never falling down drunk. Always ready for bed before the 15th ever came into play :D

What a worthless post full of judgement. I hope never to meet someone like you that clearly judges others for their choices.

I know that the adults in the same cabin must all purchase. But can we have them put the charges on the two different S& S accounts? If not can we then go to Guest Services and move one of the charges to the other cabin mates account?

I disagree. I just found out I'm a raging alcoholic and by my calculation, I'm sure it's still a good deal. Because I can mix my liquors throughout the day, have them made for me without going back to the room, and get top shelf stuff. That 60 dollar bottle won't taste like my morning Bloody Mary with Grey Goose, I promise you that. Plus, it takes so much effort, and you know how lazy us alcoholics can be...and then I still have to pay for mixers

Now if you'll excuse me I have a meeting to make in a couple hours, time to down a few on the way since I'm feeling the DTs kicking in

What a worthless post full of judgement. I hope never to meet someone like you that clearly judges others for their choices.

Say what you will but its not just a "judgement", its a "medical judgement" , based on facts (unliike many of the views expressed here) and it is a judgement that I am qualified to make. Ask any licensed physiican and they would tell you the same.

Archived