Confused about dress code for under 5 -

nycshipmate

Must a four year old boy wear shirt, pants and shoes during dinner in every restaurant?

I'm still seeing conflicting info on dress for younger kids. If yes, that really means I must pack 3 sets of clothes / day for him-because his clothes will surely be soiled. I was going to just pack a change of clothes for each day,but now with this rule it must be 3.

Trust me, nycshipmate, the only person on the cruise who will pay any attention to what your four-year-old is wearing will be you. Don't ruin your cruise--and the anticipation of it--by fretting over stuff like this.

I must be confused - as opposed to what? No shoes, no shirt and no pants?

EVERYONE has to have on shoes, shirts and pants when they dine. I know when mine were 4 their feet were far more dirty than they are now! If it were me, I'd bring along his "dinner pants" with a couple of "dinner shirts" so what if he wears the same outfit every other night? NOBODY will be checking it out and I am sure he will eat once or twice on the buffet where he could keep on his little shorts - but still shoes (maybe flip flops) - and be a lot casual. One night the kids club has a dinner and that night Mom and Dad can dress up and have a quiet adult meal - so he won't need 7 dinner outfits.

He (and you) are going to have such a wonderful time that clothes won't really be much of a focus. One time my daughter was 12 and was so worried because her shirt was a bit wrinkly but soon noticed she was the only one who saw it. ENJOY the cruise and take a million pictures :D

Samantha

Must a four year old boy wear shirt, pants and shoes during dinner in every restaurant?

I'm still seeing conflicting info on dress for younger kids. If yes, that really means I must pack 3 sets of clothes / day for him-because his clothes will surely be soiled. I was going to just pack a change of clothes for each day,but now with this rule it must be 3.

When my grandson was 6, he "normally" dressed resort casual, but my daugher slipped up one night, and he had a golf shirt, but a nice pair of dress short. We were in Le Bistro, and when he returned from a bathroom trip prior to dinner, one of the waitstaff asked us to have him seated where other passengers could not see his short. It was no problem, as the large linens coverd up those legs, but they were watching. He likes looking sharp, so that was the only night he was non compliant, so do what's best for you, and I hope it works out.

When my grandson was 6, he "normally" dressed resort casual, but my daugher slipped up one night, and he had a golf shirt, but a nice pair of dress short. We were in Le Bistro, and when he returned from a bathroom trip prior to dinner, one of the waitstaff asked us to have him seated where other passengers could not see his short. It was no problem, as the large linens coverd up those legs, but they were watching. He likes looking sharp, so that was the only night he was non compliant, so do what's best for you, and I hope it works out.

Yeah, I don't want that to happen to us. My son's not the type to keep a low profile.

Archived