Questions on Booking/ air

Hello! I am trying to plan a cruise for oct or nov & i was trying to figure my most cost effective way of booking. I noticed that airfare is high at that time. Do alot of you book the airfare seperate? If yes, can you still get transfers or do you just take a taxi to the port. Would you advise going a day early & staying at a hotel? I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas. Thanks:)

Well, booking yourself is probably the cheapest. What I did is for about 1 yr. prior I went to cheaptickets.com and all those other travel sites...they always posted Amer. Air. as cheapest so I just went to the AA site and they were even cheaper booking direct...I just kept checking and when I felt it was a good price, I booked. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when the prices would change. I missed a very low price, so the next time it went even close - I booked. The perk of doing it through the cruiseline is that they may be more inclined to wait for you if your flight is delayed. I would recommend coming in the day before to avoid those flight problems, unfortunately we were unable to do that with our schedules - so we are getting in at 10:30 AM for a 5 PM departure (earliest flight available). I think you can get a transfer or shuttle, I did some research and it looks like a taxi is slightly more expensive but extremely more convenient. You have to wait for the transfer people to all get there, etc.

Hi We booked our airfare separate. We had the transfer, but canceledit. The reason we did that was because from reading the board we found it was cheaper. As for flying a day earlier, we aren't. We have 6am flight out of phila. and are suppose to arrive in Miami at 843am. Hope everything goes smoothy.:) I forgot to say we would be using a taxi instead.

Judi

Hello! I am trying to plan a cruise for oct or nov & i was trying to figure my most cost effective way of booking. I noticed that airfare is high at that time. Do alot of you book the airfare seperate? YES I DO BUT ILL CHECK THE CRUISE LINES TOO JUST INCASE

If yes, can you still get transfers or do you just take a taxi to the port.YES YOU CAN STILL BUY THE XFERS BUT I PERFER A TAXI

Would you advise going a day early & staying at a hotel? YES #1 IT TAKES THE POSSIBILTY OF DELAY OUT OF THE BALL PARK #2 YOU CAN GET ON THE SHIP THE SECOND THEY LET GUESTS ON NOT FEEL LIKE YOU MISS A DAY OF VACATION

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas. Thanks

I always book my air separately, it is always cheaper. I saved almost $200 per person for my December cruise. I also always recommend staying at a hotel overnight to make certain that there are no problems.

Have a great time.:)

Especially if there are no direct flights from where you live, go a day early which will give you some wiggle room if delayed/cancelled flights occur or if luggage is lost. That way, you'll be more refreshed and less stressed when you get on the boat.

Archived