Where to eat in FLL near La Quinta Inn

pale lady

My DH, DS and I are going to be staying at the La Quinta inn in Hollywood in a couple of weeks and we were looking for a good place to eat the night before our cruise. We will be flying in so will not have access to a car but I guess we could get a taxi. We are not picky eaters and really don't want anything too fancy. Any suggestions? Thanks!

My DH, DS and I are going to be staying at the La Quinta inn in Hollywood in a couple of weeks and we were looking for a good place to eat the night before our cruise. We will be flying in so will not have access to a car but I guess we could get a taxi. We are not picky eaters and really don't want anything too fancy. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You can walk to Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante, TGI Friday's, Dave and Buster's, Hollywood Ale House, Wendy's and Moonlite Diner.

We ate at Hollywood Ale House precruise in November 2012. We were 7 people and the menu was great. Everyone found something they like, food was good and the prices were good. Actually I just found out we have one locally and will get there some night for dinner I liked it so much :)

You can walk to Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante, TGI Friday's, Dave and Buster's, Hollywood Ale House, Wendy's and Moonlite Diner.

Just stayed at this LaQuinta pre-cruise for two nights. While Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes and Hollywood Ale House are a fairly short walk from the hotel, most of these restaurants are in a shopping area that goes on and on for what seems like about a mile or so. Depending on how much walking you're able to take will determine where you eat (the Moonlite Diner looks very cool from the outside!). We had a car, so distance was not an issue, but we still ate at Red Lobster as my mother loves this chain and does not have one where she resides.

Keep this in mind, however. Depending on the craziness at the hotel w/pre and post cruise guests, the shuttle driver may drop you off at or near one of the restaurants listed. Also, if you ask at the desk in the lobby, they'll let you know which restaurants in the area will deliver to the hotel if walking at all is an issue.

As a local, avoid Le Tub. It is dirty and overpriced. The service is rude. After I caught them ripping off a blind man, I was done forever with them. :mad:I don't know what people see in it. At the Oakwood Plaza there is a Friday's, Dave and Busters, Sweet Tomato, Ale House, Red Lobster, and Sal's within a mile of La Quinta. Hollywood Beach has many small Mom and Pop restaurants. It is always fill of visitors this time of year. It is about 3 miles away and a walk through some non-tourist neighborhoods. Downtown Hollywood has some good places to eat, but again, you need to take a cab. It is a hike. My advice, unless you want to spend a few hours on the beach, is to catch a movie and dinner at Oakwood Park. (But visit Hollywood Beach, it is lovely)

Archived