Breakaway Deck Plans

Lulley766

I need the help of the many experienced cruisers on this board, so I'll thank you all in advance.

We are booked into cabin 11242 on the new Breakaway. Next to our cabin there is a large block of space with no designation as to what exactly it is - a galley, crew stairs, or who knows what. This large block seems to appear on a number of the decks. I can't figure it out, and can't seem to get a straight answer from NCL (surprise, surprise). Before I commit to this location, I don't want to end up across from something like a laundry or crew galley. The reason I'm paranoid was that once I splurged and got a mini-suite...under La Cuccina. I had the pleasure of listening to the kitchen crew all night.

Secondly, the cabin next to ours appears to jut out to a "hump". Can anyone with experience confirm that we will have privacy and the folks next door won't be able to look into our balcony?

So any pearls of wisdom you all wish to pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Lulley

I cannot help you regarding the open space on deck 11. It also appears on deck 10 too.

Check out the pictures on this link - post number 299. You can get a feel for the balconies, particularly the angled balcony that will be next door to you. They show the Breakaway under construction.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691618&page=15

Many thanks Vondofife for the speedy response. The pictures are great. Now they make me want an angled balcony....

The jury is still out on that area. Hopefully, one of our bright posters can solve the mystery for me.

Many thanks,

Lulley.

We were looking at the angled balconies but decided to reserve a regular balcony. I read somewhere that people will be able to look into your balcony (and you theirs) in the angled balcony. Also, if the angle is facing forward, you'll be experiencing alot of wind.

We like our privacy, well, I like to go out in my robe sometimes, so we decided on reserving a regular balcony.

As for the balcony privacy this is an ongoing discussion as the dividers are not up as of yet but some are saying it may be frosted privacy glass? Another posted just glass. I am assuming everyone will have some level of privacy or it would defeat the purpose of having your own private balcony. I also heard some people mention the lower the balcony floor you may have onlookers able to look down onto your balcony. But, I am not sure. I guess we all have to wait and see since no one has sailed yet.

Edited by Raindrops27

As for the balcony privacy this is an ongoing discussion as the dividers are not up as of yet but some are saying it may be frosted privacy glass? Another posted just glass. I am assuming everyone will have some level of privacy or it would defeat the purpose of having your own private balcony. I also heard some people mention the lower the balcony floor you may have onlookers able to look down onto your balcony. But, I am not sure. I guess we all have to wait and see since no one has sailed yet.

Those posters were referring to the large balcony staterooms on deck 8 forward. Because the balconies are larger, they protrude outwards further than the standard balconies. This means that those people on the balcony directly above them could look straight down onto the front part of their balcony. People are also speculating that those balconies may have frosted glass partitions. I think the other balconies will be private.

• 1 year later...

When I go out on our balcony, I am always nude. I really don't care if people going out of their way to look can see me. I would just wave back to them. As far as wearing a bathrobe out there, what matter does it make if they can see you???