Disembarkation times leaving Fort Lauderdale - Allure

dylancole

Hello,

I know these are all probably a "FAQ's" but I couldn't find the answers and I'm stumped.

1) Please tell me what the earliest disembarkation time (approx.) is from the Allure, taking into consideration we will take off our own bags?

2) By taxi, how long does it take to get from the ship to the airport?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light.

Hello,

I know these are all probably a "FAQ's" but I couldn't find the answers and I'm stumped.

1) Please tell me what the earliest disembarkation time (approx.) is from the Allure, taking into consideration we will take off our own bags? Around 6:15am.

2) By taxi, how long does it take to get from the ship to the airport? Maybe 10 minutes.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light.

See answers in RED.

A couple of days prior to your disembarkation day you will receive a leaflet in your stateroom. It asks you to select your time preference for disembarkation. Allure will dock around 5:30am. The slot times for disembarkation are -

Express Walk Off - 6:45am - 7:30am (you carry your own cases off the ship) and you will be one of the first to disembark.

Regular departure - 7:20 - 8:30am and 8:30am - 10:00am. (you leave your cases outside your stateroom the night before disembarkation and the stateroom attendant takes them away. The next time you will see your cases is in the terminal building).

You will receive luggage tags with a number on them between 1 and 90 which you put onto your cases. Screens around the ship will display the numbers that can disembark.

On our cruise on Oasis, we selected regular departure from 7:30-8:30. We were given ticket 43. We were allowed to disembark at 8:40am. It took us a while to get through the terminal building and to pass through passport control. Once through we took a taxi to FLL airport and arrived there at 9:20am.

On our Allure cruise we selected the later time slot of 8:30-10:00 and were given ticket 88. We could not disembark until 10am!

There are loads of taxis outside the terminal building and they will take 10 minutes to get from the terminal to the airport and cost around $12.

You can select which time slot you want by ticking the box. You have no control over the baggage number/disembarkation number they leave in your stateroom though. When we selected this slot we were given number 43. This number was not displayed until 8:40am. They were running slightly behind.

I'm sure that you could write a request for an earlier disembarkation number on the form (earlier disembarkation time).

Be prepared though. The passport control queues can be long as you leave the terminal building so factor that in, especially if you have a flight to catch. We waited around 40 minutes to clear customs (we are from the UK though so that may have made it longer). If you tip a 'worker' after you collect your baggage from the terminal building, he will put it on a baggage trolley and wheel it through the queue for you. They often bypass the queues and get you to the front quicker - not always though.

Archived