Help with copacabana

jaws1234

We are interested in going to copacaba on carlisle bay since it seems to be a little quiter. Has anyone been to recently? We are wondering if you can rent chairs and umbrellas from them like the boatyard?

We went there with ncl in nov 2011. It was quiet and not crowded. Boatyard was to the right down the beach and very crowded. Yes you can rent loungers and umbrellas. Admission also includes 1drink.it cost us $40 per person from cruise ship which is always marked up. People did come on their own but don't know what they paid. Fresh water rinse of shower and nice restrooms with showers. If you just want some quiet time on a beach with a nice drink and not elbow to elbow with others then you will like this.

We did a Bajan Paradise tour for cruise passengers with Glory Tours ($50). We went to a really old historical church with some gorgeous views, seen an old wind mill, went to the East Coast - cattlewash/Bathsheba and got some gorgeous pictures, Cherry tree Hill (pretty views), and made a quick stop at the Garrison area, and then went to Carlisle Bay/ Copacabana which included chairs/umbrella & one free drink each. It was a perfect day. We would have liked to stay longer at the beach (about 2 1/2 hrs.); but, enjoyed seeing the highlights of the island. It turned out great because it was just my husband and me so, we got a "private" tour without paying a high price for it. I will never forget the gorgeous beaches and views we seen during the tour.

If we ever return to Barbados, I would skip the tour portion since we have now seen it and get a taxi straight to Carlisle Bay - absolutely beautiful beach!

Archived