Red Sea Magic Excursions

Hey Folks

Still haven't pre-booked my excursions for March 21st Red Sea, I may be missing something looking on Thomson's site but is there any way of finding out what time the excursions are? There is a method to my madness, in Safaga I really want to do two excursions in a day, I think the site will let me book them but wondering if they would overlap.

The two are Desert 4x4 & Stars and Seascope Submarine & Hurghada. Anyone done the Desert 4x4 & Stars? Its just appeared and I really fancy it, no light pollution I think it could be a joy to see.

Also am I mad trying to do excursions every day apart from the day at sea (and two on one day)? Should I have at least one more day where I don't do anything?

First cruise and ticking down the days :D

Cheers

Barrie

I thinks they will overlap...... most tours leave the ship at the same time each day, about 12.30 on the 1st day & about 9.30 on the 2nd day apart from luxor which goes at about 6am

cant help withthe desert 4x4 & stars, sorry

I haven't done the Red Sea cruise but the trips are often long and possibly tiring days with early starts. You might want to pace yourself a bit more particularly if you want to make the most of the ship & enjoy the excellent shows & evening entertainment. I must admit, we fill our days & really enjoy the evenings and also have a breather day and I usually come home from a cruise thinking I need a holiday to get over it lol!!!

Got to be honest that's what I am starting to think, maybe only 5 then ;-)

Problem is which 5 to choose :-s

But I do have 4 days recovery time before being back at work so maybe 6 then :-D

My friend and I did this cruise 2 years ago. We did;

Wadi Rum - half day excursion on Friday

Petra - full day on Saturday

Cairo - full day on Monday

Luxor overnight - left after lunch on Tuesday, overnight stay in Luxor and back to ship around 5pm on Wednesday. I would highly receommend this trip over the Luxor day trip.

So basically we filled every day apart from the day at sea and thoroughly enjoyed the trips. Petra and Cairo both left around 7:30am. Wadi Rum and Luxor overnight were around midday departures as the ship doesn't dock till around 11:30am on those days.

We did choose to do all of these as we didn't think we would be back, although at some point we want to do an actual Nile Boat cruise. As it turns out we have booked again for April this year. We intend to do Petra again as it is such a huge area. However we will do less this time and enjoy the actual ship more - perhaps a half day trip somewhere.

Cheers Jem

I am looking at do the Nile Cruise which I believe is a late afternoon one, with that and the Desert 4x4 and stars being an evening and doing some half day ones I hope I have enought time on the ship.

So schedule is

Day 2 - Wadi Rum

Day 3 - Petra

Day 4 - At Seat

Day 5 - Nile Boat & Pyramid Sound And Light Show

Day 6 - Desert 4X4 & Stars

Day 7 - Oceans Snorkelling Boat Trip

Day 8 - Sharm El Sheikh (can't pre book so will see what we can do as we have a late flight back)

Then home a collapse for 4 days!!!!!!:eek:

Cheers Jem

I am looking at do the Nile Cruise which I believe is a late afternoon one, with that and the Desert 4x4 and stars being an evening and doing some half day ones I hope I have enought time on the ship.

So schedule is

Day 2 - Wadi Rum

Day 3 - Petra

Day 4 - At Seat

Day 5 - Nile Boat & Pyramid Sound And Light Show

Day 6 - Desert 4X4 & Stars

Day 7 - Oceans Snorkelling Boat Trip

Day 8 - Sharm El Sheikh (can't pre book so will see what we can do as we have a late flight back)

Then home a collapse for 4 days!!!!!!:eek:

sounds great.....have a lovely cruise

As anyone one done The Wadi Rum excursion?

Very interesting desert scenery and nomadic people.Good fun; 4 by 4 trucks with basic seating in the flat bit which you have to jump in and out of and a "bit bumpy" on the bottom!:eek:

Archived