dawn review 5/29-6/5

We arriveded May 29th, we got dropped across the street, due to the traffic. As soon as we got abord we headed to our stateroom which was on the 4th deck rm 4585. to settle in. The we headed to the top deck, and met our CD, colin Kerr(VERY FUNNY LOVED HIM!!!) induldged in a few Pina Coladas, a BBQ and some live music. As we passed the statue of Liberty, Colin and the band sang "proud To Be An American" it was nice.

FOOD

I never ate so much food in my life untill I steped my foot on the Dawn!! Everything was good, considering I'm a picky eater. We mainy ate breakfast at the buffet and the Venetian. Dinner we ate at La Trattoria, I had the salmon which was excellent. Cagneys was a 10 or 15$ covercharge, I had the Ribeye w/ garlic mashed potatoes. On formal night we ate at the Aqua, food was okay, service was slow. For late snacks we ate at the blue lagoon, the potato skins and wings are good. The chocholic buffet was worth the line, they had choclate cover bananas, cakes, fruits you dip in chocolate and champagne.

EXCURSIONS

Tuesday morning we arrived at port caneveral, it was rainy to about 2pm as soon as we seen some sun we ran off the boat to run jun (sp?) pier. There were lots of shops, the surf shop is really pricy though. The beach was a little dirty, trash bags were on the beach which the segals swarmed around.

Wednesday morning we arrived in Miami, it was sunny untill we got to south beach it started to pour for about 5 minuted. Typical Fla weather. we layed on the beach for a couple of hrs. The water was like bath water, very nice. It started to pour again so we headed back to the ship for lunch. After lunch we heahed back on the bus to bayside, nice shopping area

Thursday was a perfect day! Colin wasn't kidding when he announced on the speaker it was HOT HOT HOT! The private Island was beautiful!! small, but beautiful. They had a BBQ, volleyball, snokeling, parasailing, and hammocks. It was very hot, o we went back tot he ship around 1p.m and hung out by the pool untill napkin folding with Colin.

Thursday evening we arrived in Nassau, it was very hectic getting off in Nassau. the elevators were jammed packed as well as the staircase. We got off to see the shops, Friday was a holiday there and most the shops were closed. The shops were jammed packed!! It wasn't worth it in my opinion. Not to mention the line to get back on the ship was a mess.

Friday moring we were sopposed to due the booze cruise, but due to exsessive partying Thursay night we all overslept. We just relaxed my the pool untill we sailed off.

CRUISE DIRECTOR

The CD, Colin was good enough to get his own paragraph. I have nothing but compliments for Colin Kerr. As soon as we arrived on the 29th Colin was there shaking our hands. Always has a smile on his face, and gets the crowd going. We tryed to attend all his activites, one was napkin folding, he had us cracking up! I recommend napkin folding w/ Colin. He stopped to take lots of picts with us during the week, and everytime we passed him he stopped for hugs and kisses. I have so much more to say about Colin, but so little time. Hes an awesome CD, and as soon as I get my printer/scanner back on track I will post picts. So Hugs and Kisses for Colin!!!!! Loved him.

ENTERTAINMENT

We mainly hung out at Spinnakers, we signed up for family fued, but wasn't called. They had the not so newly wed game, liars club, disco, and modal magic. St the stardust we seen Miami rave and Bollywood good shows. The farewell party was good to. The only complaint I has was after modal magic ended and the DJ came on all the little teenages, who some looked under 18 took over. They have there own club, why were they aloud in spinnakers?

DISEMBARKATION

My parents vacationed on the Dawn last yr. and said disembarkation was a mess. This year things were good. we got off quick, no crowded evelvators or stairs. and we found our luggage quick. I was so depressed to be home =(

but all goods things must come to an end. This was my first cruise and definetly not my last. best vacation I took in my life. I highly recommend this ship. Everything was perfect, even the rainy weather. Can't wait till next year. Don't mind the spelling/grammar errors.

HazelEyes ~ I'm so glad that the rain didn't ruin your cruise :D I watched the web cam all week and just kept praying that the rain would let up for you all. Thank you so much for the review. I'm really looking forward to so much, but especially Colin. The CD we had on our cruise to Bermuda on the Pacific Princess ~ where we got engaged (imagine THAT ~ the Love Boat of all places :cool: ) was really awesome. I'm really excited to meet Colin (as well as my fellow cc-er's). We have definitely planned to dine in Le Bistro if only for the chocolate fondue. And, I absolutely HAVE to visit the all-you-can-eat sushi bar (I love sushi, DH doesn't - so this one will be on my own ;) ).

Thank you again for the review. Will you be posting your pics?

Great review. Thanks for posting.

Is it true that Colin will be leaving the Dawn for the Jewel? :( I thought I read that somewhere. I hope it was my imagination. I am looking foward to meeting him on our 8-14 cruise.

Great review. Thanks for posting.

Is it true that Colin will be leaving the Dawn for the Jewel? :( I thought I read that somewhere. I hope it was my imagination. I am looking foward to meeting him on our 8-14 cruise.

Colin is not going to the Jewel, relax. But I am sure he has vacation coming up soon.

Thanks shoreguy! I don't know what I was thinking. Hopefully he will be back from his vacation by 8-14. After reading so much about Colin, I was really looking forward to meeting him. I figured you would know the answer to my question.

Colin is not going to the Jewel, relax. But I am sure he has vacation coming up soon.

Shoreguy, does Colin have vacation coming up? Didn't he just come back to the Dawn 5/1 or maybe the week before that?

He was somewhere but I don't know if that was vacation or what?

I tried to talk him into going to the Jewel. I lost :mad:

I have som epictures scanned, I have no idea how to put them on webshots, but if anyone would like to see them i can email them.:) Let me know.

Loved the review. Webshots is really easy. On top click pictures or something like that. Then to the right is create a folder then add pictures it's easy. try it and if you need more help ask, many of us on the board use webshots.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Colin was our CD on the Dawn for our Feb. 10 '05 -10 day cruise E. Car.... He is the BEST CD ever ... :) The disembarkation talk was so crowded there wasn't enough room for everyone and he even commented that it was the most crowded he's ever seen. Although, it's probably always like that with him as the CD ... People can't get enough of him ....

We arriveded May 29th, we got dropped across the street, due to the traffic. QUOTE]

HazelEyes,

I will be traveling with 3 children under 10 and obviously luggage. I have read a few posts about being dropped off "across the street". Is this a large busy street? Is there a traffic signal there? Do I tell the taxi driver to drop me off

"across from the terminal"? Is there a street number? I know my question is simplistic, but I like to know my options before I get there?

Thanks.

I have been to the Pier on a few occasions (4). Each time I went, I had no problems with drop off. I was even there when other ships were in port. If I had 3 children, I would certainly wait for the cab to drop you right on the Pier. There is a traffic light (since the Pier is next to the Intrepid), but carrying all that luggage and holding childrens' hands would make it difficult. If there is a lot of traffic on the Pier, there is going to be a lot of traffic in the street.

Archived