Mullet Bay - Facilities

StTKCruiser

Hey Gary,

I saw your map! Just wanted to ask - is Mullet the secluded beach that you have to drive through the Hurricane destroyed hotel/golf course to get to?

It's been a few years and we want to go back!

Hey Gary,

I saw your map! Just wanted to ask - is Mullet the secluded beach that you have to drive through the Hurricane destroyed hotel/golf course to get to?

It's been a few years and we want to go back!

They have been pretty much cleared now. Finally.

Another vote for the awesome map!:)

is it easy enough to grab a cab to/from Mullet? we're looking for a nice quiet day at the beach, debating between Mullet and Orient. Only two ships scheduled for our day in port. Any inupt is appreciated.

These two beaches are amongst the most popular of the 35 ish beaches on the island. On the weekends Mullet along with Le Galion are often busy as the island residents have many gatherings at these beaches. Orient should not be over crowded with 2 ships in. Neither of these two beaches would be on my list for a nice quiet beach day though unless perhaps in the low season.

It is very easy to get a taxi to or from Orient. Getting a taxi from Mullet is more iffy. Rosie's Rib shack at Mullet calls taxis for their customers and some people have luck asking their driver to come back and pick them up at a set time. Walking the 5 -7 minutes or so to the Maho Entertainment district is another way to get a taxi.

we're open to any suggestions. We're in port on Friday, 4/12, 8a-5p. Looking for a nice quiet beach, white sand and clear water. Facilities, food would be nice but could possibly sacrifice those for superb beach. Oh, we'll obviously need transport. I've also read nice things about Baie Longue but have no idea how to traverse getting there. Any input is appreciated. We're docking at Philipsburg.

we're open to any suggestions. We're in port on Friday, 4/12, 8a-5p. Looking for a nice quiet beach, white sand and clear water. Facilities, food would be nice but could possibly sacrifice those for superb beach. Oh, we'll obviously need transport. I've also read nice things about Baie Longue but have no idea how to traverse getting there. Any input is appreciated. We're docking at Philipsburg.

I wouldn't cab it to Baie Longue on a cruise day because it is too remote for that. Le Galion would be my suggestion for you. There is a restaurant and washroom facilities and chair rentals. There is also some natural shade available as well.

Mullet is another beach that would be nice and large enough that in April on a Friday should not be over crowded.

Grand Case would also offer you a really nice day. Nice long beach and great food options.

what facilities/food available? taxi to/from? cost? will they be available at end of day? cost involved? TIA

There is a restaurant and washroom facilities and chair rentals and a water sports rental shop as well. Taxis are easy to get to go to Le Galion but they don't hang out there. Ask one to return for you at a set time, ask the restaurant to call one for you or walk the 300 yards to the main road that leads to Orient beach and flag one down there. I think the cost is the same as to Orient beach , take a look at http://www.stmaartentaxi.com/

...it is. How far from port? Any fees for the beach? Thanks for all your insight.

Also, once at the beach is there a specific area we should be dropped off?

25 minutes should do it but leave 1 hour for the return just in case. No enterance fee. Just ask to be dropped off near the restaurant.

Archived