Bounty Adventures Half day or Ship Excursion

SDCfirsttimeer

We did the half day snorkel with lunch/drinks and 2 snorkel stops over Christmas 2011. The trip itself was great. Pick up was on time and in a private taxi. The catamaran was in excellent condition and the crew was very safety conscious. Lunch was very nice and the drinks flowed freely. However, getting us back to the ship was bad.

The trip ended at around 2:20. We walked out to where their transportation had dropped us off and waited as did the other 10 or so people. By 2:45 I was getting nervous and went back to where the catamaran was docked to see about the return transportation and the catamaran was gone. No one from Bounty Adventures was around either.

Fortunately, I had my phone with me and all my Bounty Adventures contact information. I made an expensive international call and was in contact with someone who said a taxi would be there in around 10 minutes. The taxi van showed up about 15 minutes later at 3:10. Would the taxi have arrived if I hadn't called? Not sure. I talked to the taxi driver and he said he had just received the call to pick us up. Then, instead of the private transfers we had in the morning, all 12 of us were in the van. We stopped at all but one couple's hotel along the way back to drop people off. We got back to the port at around 3:50.

If booking with them I would double and triple check the logistics of the return trip.

Archived