Luggage allowance

I know the luggage allowance has dropped from 23kg to 20kg but a friend of my Mum's has been told it's 15kg on her Thomson's invoice.

She has asked for clarification at a Thomson's travel agent and been told that with some of the ships it's only 15kg.

I'm sure this is not correct. I'm going on the Celebration this April and it definitely states 20kg on my invoice.

Can anyone clarify?

We had 20 kg on our cruise, but only had 15kg on our hotel holiday last year. I have never heard of only having 15kg on a cruise :confused:

No neither have I. I thought it was 20kg on a cruise and 15kg on a non-cruise package holiday.

I know the luggage allowance has dropped from 23kg to 20kg but a friend of my Mum's has been told it's 15kg on her Thomson's invoice.

She has asked for clarification at a Thomson's travel agent and been told that with some of the ships it's only 15kg.

I'm sure this is not correct. I'm going on the Celebration this April and it definitely states 20kg on my invoice.

Can anyone clarify?

Hi Jem,

If your Mum's friend would like to send their booking reference across to us at cares@thomson.co.uk, we can check what details are on the booking for them.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi Jem,

If your Mum's friend would like to send their booking reference across to us at cares@thomson.co.uk, we can check what details are on the booking for them.

Thanks,

Lauren

Lauren - thanks. I'll suggest she does that.

However for clarification here, are all Thomson ships 20kg (unless you pay for the increased luggage allowance) or are some different?

Can anyone clarify?

Luggage allowance does not have anything to do with what ship you are sailing on. (I do wish agents would get their info right:mad:).

However, it can depend on whether the flight is operated by Thomson Airways or not (Monarch is one example I know of that had a 15kg allowance).:(

20kg and 7kg for hand luggage on all cruises. Extra 5kg per person can be purchased but no case must weigh more that 23kg. Also weight allowance can be spread over party, e.g. 1 x 5kg between two or 2 x 5kg and spread weight over three cases.

:)

However, it can depend on whether the flight is operated by Thomson Airways or not (Monarch is one example I know of that had a 15kg allowance).:(

20kg and 7kg for hand luggage on all cruises.

This is where it's confusing.

So if it's a cruise it's 20kg but not if it's a Monarch flight to get to the cruise where it's 15kg.

This is where it's confusing.

So if it's a cruise it's 20kg but not if it's a Monarch flight to get to the cruise where it's 15kg.

Hi jem16

Don't know where you are flying from but I know that sometimes, in the past, Monarch has been used from Edinburgh but Thomson from Glasgow and we have almost been caught out as Edinburgh is our nearest airport and they were definitely only allowing 15kg.:eek:

Hi jem16

Don't know where you are flying from but I know that sometimes, in the past, Monarch has been used from Edinburgh but Thomson from Glasgow and we have almost been caught out as Edinburgh is our nearest airport and they were definitely only allowing 15kg.:eek:

It's my Mum's friend so don't know for sure. However as she lives in Glasgow I supect it's Glasgow.

It's my Mum's friend so don't know for sure. However as she lives in Glasgow I supect it's Glasgow.

Hi jem16

It's usually Thomson from Glasgow. Strange though about the weight. It wasn't a late booking by any chance was it?, because I've heard that late bookings sometimes only get 15kg (irrespective of carrier) but not sure if it's only for land based holidays or cruises as well.:(

I know that our e-tickets on our last holiday actually had the proper information in tiny print re weight on the third page of eight pages.:eek: Someone found it on their paperwork and posted it on the forum so I had a proper look at my paperwork and lo and behold there it was hidden away.

I had to point out the hand luggage allowance to a well-seasoned check-in assistant at Glasgow in October when she decided she didn't know the allowance and that I was going on a cruise, even though it was plastered all over the paperwork.:eek: For pointing out her error we were separated by the aisle even though we were second in the queue when it opened. She obviously didn't want to be on duty early in the morning that day.:eek::)

Hi jem16

ps

Just a point - I have just looked at the current Thomson brochure and in the A-Z guide at the back on page 209 and 210 it explains in detail the Luggage and mentions airlines other than Thomson and also the hold and hand luggage weights. Might be worth a look.:)

Hi jem16

It's usually Thomson from Glasgow. Strange though about the weight. It wasn't a late booking by any chance was it?,

Not entirely sure but as she mentioned it last week I'm assuming she booked last week. It's a cruise in March so I wouldn't count that as a late booking.

Not entirely sure but as she mentioned it last week I'm assuming she booked last week. It's a cruise in March so I wouldn't count that as a late booking.

Hi jem16

Me again. Just a quick one. Have looked at Thomson's site and in March all flights from Glasgow are by Thomson Airways. Also, they are all quoting a hold allowance of 20kg with the option to purchase the extra 5kg.

Perhaps, at they stated earlier in this thread, it would be an idea to send the details to Thomson Cares so that the matter can be clarified.

Good luck.:)

Hi jem16

Me again. Just a quick one. Have looked at Thomson's site and in March all flights from Glasgow are by Thomson Airways. Also, they are all quoting a hold allowance of 20kg with the option to purchase the extra 5kg.

Yes that's what i got when I had a quick look.

Perhaps, at they stated earlier in this thread, it would be an idea to send the details to Thomson Cares so that the matter can be clarified.

Good luck.:)

Thanks. I've passed the email address to my Mum so she can give it to her friend.

Archived