Infant less then 6 months on Carnival

purplemusik

Hi all!

A friend of mine booked a cruise and is bringing her 5 month old baby. She swears she's able to however I see all over Carnival's website -6 months and up. I just got back from a cruise and saw pretty young babies on there so I wasn't quite sure. I brought my son at 7 months but these babies were definatly younger. I'd hate for her to get to the port and not be able to get on. Do they look at the birth certificates in detail for these babies or is that just a recomended age?

Has she booked the baby on the cruise? A couple of years ago I tried to book my granddaughter on a cruise and when I entered the birthday I got an error message. I called Carnival and was told absolutely no way could she sail because she was under 6 months - by 3 days on embarkation day!!!

I talked to at least 10 different people and was consistently told NO. (The only time I think Carnival has been consistent.)

That's what I thought!! I thought I was going crazy! I was questioning myself though when I saw the babies last week but I was trying to tell myself," Nina, babies are all shapes/sizes....some look older and some look younger!" LOL. I just couldn't believe she could be right.

She better be prepared to go back home if her baby is not going to be 6 months old at time of sailing!

Hopefully she is within the time frame to cancel and get her deposit back. Although I don't know how the heck she booked the baby in the first place. Did she think because of the age of the baby she didn't have to book for him-that she could just show up with him?

About the only way that she could get away with it would be if she booked the baby with a false birthdate and then wasn't required to produce the birth certificate as proof of identity.

Pretty risky if that's her plan. She does realize that the baby has to be booked as a passenger???? She can't just show up with an infant.

I wonder if she's thinks it's equivalent to having a lap baby on a plane, where the child doesn't need a separate ticket? And she's just planning to show up with baby in tow?

Have you told her that she has to have a separate ticket for the baby, and that they will check birth dates?

Archived