Help a cell newbie!

bbkarls

First thing you need to do is make sure your phone is unlocked (you have to call your cell provider) or a new sim card won't help as it won't be the same provider. They will give you a bunch of codes to punch in. I bought two sim cards on line for our travel from a company called Mobal- works world wide for texting and calls and very reasonable. I have been very happy with them

Have you considered buying a SIM card before your trip? I've used a dual-number SIM card from Telestial for several years for our European travel. (just google it)

I've read that if you buy a SIM card in Italy, you have to show your passport and complete extra paperwork.

D4-thanks for the info on Telestial sim cards. I had previously googled for sims and so much info - totally confusing-good to have a recommendation from someone who has used it-Buying ahead sounds like a good plan with your info on the abroad process-gives me a chance to learn how to use it also. Thanks again.

Glad I could help. With Telestial dual SIM cards, you get 2 phone numbers - 1 is USA and the other is England. Both are in operation at the same time. It was useful to have those numbers in advance. I gave my USA number to my adult kids in the US so they could call us at no cost to them. I gave the UK number to all our tour/transfer providers, hotels, airline, etc because I could receive calls on the UK # at no charge to me.

Archived