Just back from the Liberty

stellakelsey1

Great cruise overall.. awesome weather.. the only thing I found odd was last night we came back from dinner to change before hitting the shows and activities.. we like to pack late at night and I really like my vacation to last as long as possible..so we hadnt packed a thing but it was fine with us.. we came to our room and the cabin steward had removed all the items in the bathroom from the shelves and had out them on the counter.. my items and my husbands were all mixed in together.he had removed all my shampoo and soap from the shower also.. . I had also kept all my carnival capers for each day and all that kind of paper stuff.. he had taken all of them and I guess threw them out.. I just felt violated and rushed out.. seemed very odd to me

Last year our cabin steward on the Freedom threw out all my FunTimes the second to last night. I couldn't believe it. I had them piled up on the dresser with some other items such as maps and handouts. I approached him in the hallway the next morning and asked him why he threw them out and that I had intended to keep them, and he said that they are instructed to do that. I told him that many passsengers like to keep them. He said he would do his best to replace all of them....and he did !!! (except for some maps and a few miscellaneous handouts which I didn't care about). He also told me I wasn't the only one who complained

So word of advice...put your FunTimes away in a drawer or suitcase if you want to keep them.

Our last cruise on the Liberty, our steward did not do that. But she was a real jerk the last morning. She knocked on our door at 7am (when we were getting ready to leave) and informed us we needed to be out by 8:30. We said no problem, we'd definitely leave by then.

Well at 8:05 she came back and lectured us that we needed to leave NOW because she had to get in and clean our room for the next guests.

We actually were on our last sweep through the cabin for forgotten items by that time and would have been out by 8:10, anyway. But being hounded by this lady left a really sour taste in our mouths after what had otherwise been an awesome vacation. We were NOT tardy in our departure and this lady was just so rude about it, giving us a hard time when we'd done nothing wrong. :mad: The $20 I had been planning to leave as an extra tip stayed right in my pocket.

I've never, in 6 cruises, had a steward touch any of my things in my cabin OR tell me about the time to get out. I don't pack my toiletries until the last thing before I leave, so its usually around 7:30 am or so day of departure. We usually leave our room between 7:30-8, depending on how much of a hurry we are to leave (we do self assist), and have never had a word said to us.

I would be upset if someone moved my things! How rude!

And if someone gave me a reminder on departure, I would tell them I'm aware of the expected time to vacate the cabin! How RUDE! Well - I could understand the one reminder - but coming back a second time is the rude part.

Archived