Grand Princess--B750 or B751

Yo Adrienne

We're trying to decide between cabins on the Grand Princess--the Grand Suite or Owners Suite...has anyone stayed in either B750 or B751? In L302 or L301? If you have, can you give details about it? What were the pros and cons? Would you choose it again? Do you have any pics? :)

We're trying to decide between cabins on the Grand Princess--the Grand Suite or Owners Suite...has anyone stayed in either B750 or B751? In L302 or L301? If you have, can you give details about it? What were the pros and cons? Would you choose it again? Do you have any pics? :)

Wow, if those are your choices, you've got nothing to worry about. I've seen those one of those rooms, and they are spectacular. Any choice would be good, I alway feel port side of the ship is the best, but that's just me.

I found two YouTube videos for the Golden Princess Grand Suite (no numbers given tho). The Golden is one of the sister ships to the Grand. Hope these help:

Where did you see them? On a website with pics (if so, do you recall the website)? Or did you actually get to tour them or stay in one? Would love any thoughts/opinions you can share...! :)

Last Cruise before sailing they were open and we happen to be walking by, just looked in really quick. Amazing, like a small condo.

We have the Owner's Suite on an upcoming cruise on the Grand in May. We had an aft Vista Suite in December on the Sapphire. It was wonderful, we loved it. So........we are really looking forward to the Owner's Suite. We are totally spoiled now........;)

We enjoy the starboard side of the ship, just a personal preference.

Edited by 2 to cruise
Made wrong statement.

I found two YouTube videos for the Golden Princess Grand Suite (no numbers given tho). The Golden is one of the sister ships to the Grand. Hope these help:

Thanks for the links...a gorgeous stateroom, isn't it...? :) Unfortunately, the Golden Princess is configured differently--the Grand Suite(s) are aft, while on the Grand Princess they're more mid-ship (I think they consider them forward) and a bit smaller. They're MUCH bigger on the Golden Princess, too...!

We have the Owner's Suite on an upcoming cruise on the Grand in May. We had an aft Vista Suite in December on the Sapphire. It was wonderful, we loved it. So........we are really looking forward to the Owner's Suite. We are totally spoiled now........;)

Totally with you on being spoiled by the "suite life"...! :) Don't think we could go back to a standard stateroom. ;) We haven't had a preference for port or starboard--mostly because it depends on our destination...

On your upcoming Grand Princess cruise...Are you in one of those two Owner's Suites aft on the Baja Deck? If so, have you been able to find any actual pics of details of that suite online? (The Grand doesn't seem to be configured the same as its sister ships.) The only info we seem to be able to find is that they have an "obstructed" view on the balcony due to a support beam. We'd love to find an actual stateroom floorplan of that specific room, too...!

Thanks for the links...a gorgeous stateroom, isn't it...? :) Unfortunately, the Golden Princess is configured differently--the Grand Suite(s) are aft, while on the Grand Princess they're more mid-ship (I think they consider them forward) and a bit smaller. They're MUCH bigger on the Golden Princess, too...!

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought they would be the same in layout because of the two ships being sister ships. I know the Grand was the first out. The cabins are beautiful. Would love to cruise away to Alaska in one of them.

I hope someone posts photos for you.

Totally with you on being spoiled by the "suite life"...! :) Don't think we could go back to a standard stateroom. ;) We haven't had a preference for port or starboard--mostly because it depends on our destination...

On your upcoming Grand Princess cruise...Are you in one of those two Owner's Suites aft on the Baja Deck? If so, have you been able to find any actual pics of details of that suite online? (The Grand doesn't seem to be configured the same as its sister ships.) The only info we seem to be able to find is that they have an "obstructed" view on the balcony due to a support beam. We'd love to find an actual stateroom floorplan of that specific room, too...!

Yes, we are in B750 Owner's Suite in the aft. I have tried to find pictures and can't find any. As many pictures that are posted there just isn't any of the Grand's B750. We loved the Vista Suite so much, we just decided we would love the Owner's Suite even more, so decided to just go for it. We should have a lovely view of Alaska!

I was worried about the "obstructed view" on our last cruise in the Vista, but it is honestly not an issue, I wouldn't hesitate to book because of it.

Hello Yo Adrienne, if you want to go to the CB rollcall for 1-26-13 or 2-6-13 and leave your email address I can send you photos. Due to pixel size cannot post here.

B750 is more spacious than 751, has a large living room, had to see tv if watching from sofa so moved chairs around. Has a nice sized dining room table near front door that seats 4, balcony is long and narrow -has a beam (no problem though). We have noticed that the aft balconies are not as deep as other grand class ships.

On the Grand B751 PH has a smaller balcony than most other ships aft PH balcony, but felt more spacious than OS balcony and no beam. We prefer the PH, but it depends on what you want in your room.

We have stayed in the Princess Suite on the Grand, while nice, balcony is small if wanting to dine outside, you get a much better table for dining in room in the OS than the GS. This Princess GS was very noisy in early morning hrs carts moving above us starting around 4am and all day. The ship does "jump" and very noticeably in the aft of the ship, careful walking, only ship had to hold onto rail in shower. You would love whichever room you choose, great ship and cabins. Have a nice cruise.

if you want to go to the CB rollcall for 1-26-13 or 2-6-13 and leave your email address I can send you photos. Have a nice cruise.

Yes, I would LOVE to see your pics...! :) I'm new to Cruise Critic, so I haven't done anything with rollcalls yet...can you tell me how to find the "CB rollcall" that you mention above...?

On the page that you select Princess Cruises, just below the cruise lines are roll calls, select Princess Roll Calls, go to Caribbean Princess and find the dates of 1-26 or 2-9-13. Let me know if you are still unable to locate and I would be happy to assist you further. Thanks, Seadeck2

Yes, we are in B750 Owner's Suite in the aft. I have tried to find pictures and can't find any. As many pictures that are posted there just isn't any of the Grand's B750. We loved the Vista Suite so much, we just decided we would love the Owner's Suite even more, so decided to just go for it. We should have a lovely view of Alaska!

I was worried about the "obstructed view" on our last cruise in the Vista, but it is honestly not an issue, I wouldn't hesitate to book because of it.

Which one is the Vista Suite...do you happen to recall the stateroom number?

I hope you'll have a wonderful cruise...and certainly hope you'll post a review (with pics?)...? This is probably the cruise that we're more interested in--depending upon what the cruise lines announce for summer 2014 for Alaska...! :)

Which one is the Vista Suite...do you happen to recall the stateroom number?

I hope you'll have a wonderful cruise...and certainly hope you'll post a review (with pics?)...? This is probably the cruise that we're more interested in--depending upon what the cruise lines announce for summer 2014 for Alaska...! :)

It was on the Sapphire that we had the Vista Suite in December for our Hawaii cruise. It was total aft, D738 - appropriately named the "Hawaii Suite."

I too would love to see seadeck2's pictures, especially since I can't find pictures of B750 on the Grand.

Thank you, I'm sure Alaska will be great. Can't believe we haven't done it before now. I'm sure we won't see all there is to see, so guess we'll just have to go back.......oh darn!;)

Thank you, I'm sure Alaska will be great. Can't believe we haven't done it before now. I'm sure we won't see all there is to see, so guess we'll just have to go back.......oh darn!;)

We did Alaska on NCL in 2004 (20th anniversary) and loved it so much...that's why we'd like to go back. Someone once told me that you take an Alaskan cruise only AFTER you've been everywhere else...cause no other scenery will ever match it...! :) I'm thinking they were right...at least for us!

Will you be celebrating a special occasion or just the occasion of taking an Alaska cruise...? :)

quote=Yo Adrienne;37085393]We did Alaska on NCL in 2004 (20th anniversary) and loved it so much...that's why we'd like to go back. Someone once told me that you take an Alaskan cruise only AFTER you've been everywhere else...cause no other scenery will ever match it...! :) I'm thinking they were right...at least for us!

Will you be celebrating a special occasion or just the occasion of taking an Alaska cruise...? :)

Yo Adrienne,

We are not celebrating anything special on our Alaska cruise. The Hawaiian cruise was for our 20th anniversary and we renewed our vows on the ship. That was the reason for "splurging" on the Vista Suite.........now we are spoiled!:)

We found this video clip of the Star Princess, B750...it looks like the ship is VERY similar to the Grand Princess, so hopefully this will give you some sense of the room. It's the closest we've been able to find. Hope you find it helpful...! :)

We found this video clip of the Star Princess, B750...it looks like the ship is VERY similar to the Grand Princess, so hopefully this will give you some sense of the room. It's the closest we've been able to find. Hope you find it helpful...! :)

Thank you so much! The dining table and the "living room" space look like a lot more room compared to the Vista Suite. The bathroom looks much the same. It will be nice to have the dining table if we want to have a meal in our room, as it will be cold in Alaska. I am always anxious to see our room, even though I pretty much know what it will look like.

So glad you were able to find something similar! Thanks so much!:)

• 1 year later...

Did you stay in B750? If so, do you have pictures you can send me? What was the obstruction the mentioned?

Thanks, John

jlt358@gmail.com

Last year we were on a 10-day Alaska cruise in the Grand in an aft VS. We've also done an aft PS on the CB.

You will love either the GS or the OS. Don't worry about the beam/obstructed view - the balconies are plenty large and the beam is very minor compared to the full balcony and the suite.

Edited by KruzeKrazy!