Conquest Review 5/29/2005

mamiled

Thanks SOOOOOO much for the reviews.......I have about 3 months before we sail ...

I'm so excited, I'm ready to leave today.....

AIMS---I had the same idea but I read on another thread that the doors do not hold magnets :o( but they have a frame around the door that is metal and will hold magnets but I was looking forward to decorating our doors (3 total so far)

There will be 8 of us on the Conquest sailing away on 9/18. This will be the second cruise for my DH and myself but the first for our three girls and their SO's. I am sure we will all have fun and enjoy ourselves. We are all looking forward to the time together. Thanks for the review and just remember. Any day away from work is a vacation!

This is a coincidence, we are from Gautier and also sailed on the Conquest on the 29th. Had a balcony room on the Promenade Deck (10).

Had a great time on the cruise also. :) :) Only disappointment was the canceling of the stingray tour in the Caymons.:cool:

BTW, may I ask how much did the limo cost? We drove into NO and parked in the remote open parking lot. If you remember, it rained heavy on the 29th and we got stuck in very slow traffic on I-10.

Banjo

Banjo: Small world! We were on Empress Deck (7). It cost about $400 for the roundtrip AND 3 hours in New Orleans on the disembarking day. We really enjoyed this cruise....I think we are hooked! We are now thinking of trying the Holiday out of Mobile sometime in the next few months. And yes, I remember the rain.....I was soaked just walking in and out of the Limo.

Have lots of fun everyone that is still in the waiting phase!! :)

MamiledThat does not sound bad with the limo, it took a lot of the worry away and you did not have to deal with the parking shuttles.

We also went and enjoyed the Art Auctions during the late afternoons of the 'at sea' days. This was my first Art Auction and it took me a day to figure out how it worked. I remember that fellow seated along the wall buying up the art. My wife and I figured he was a art dealer. We bought a small piece and are waiting for Art West to send it to us after they frame it. It was by the artist that Shane would yell 'STOLEN'. My wife and I agreed he was just pushing that artist. Anyway, we liked the piece and it will look good in a area of our house we plan to put it.

We also liked the shows. Our favorite was the song and dance routine about meeting on the internet.

You are right about wanting to get back on a cruise ship. My wife and I also talked about taking the Holiday and we are looking when that can be fitted in with my child's school schedule. Also, I hear folks saying that the ports in the eastern Caribbean are great. That would involve a trek to the east coast of Florida but it maybe worth it.:) :)

Banjo

Archived