Barcelona port to the airport

filamy

Hi English_In_Spain,

We will be on a Carnival Cruise ship that is supposed to be in port at 5:00 am. I would expect to be able to get off by 8:00. Thanking you in advance.

You will not be able to make a flight at 9.30.

Assuming there are no hold-ups and you do leave the ship at 8am you need to go through customs and immigration (this does not normally take long at Barcelona). You need to wait for a taxi (unless you pre-order a car).

The drive to the airport is about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.

Assuming you are flying to USA, you need to check in 2 hours before your flight.

With all this, I don't recommend you book a flight before noon at the earliest.

Are you sure you will not be off the ship until 8am. It is normally possible to leave earlier than that. Even so, I would not recommend a 9.30 international flight.

Thank you very much for your help. I have chosen a flight that leaves at 11:00. I think that this should be a safe bet. happy cruising.

I would say that even 11am is a bit tight if you are not leaving the ship until 8am.

Where will you be flying to? What day of the week? Do you have an alternative plan if you do not make the flight?

You will need to be at the airport before 9am for a 2 hour check-in. That gives you just one hour to collect your luggage, go through customs and immigration, get a taxi and do the roughly 30 minute drive to the airport.

It is theoretically possible BUT what if you are held up finding your luggage? what if there is a lot of traffic? what if there is a long queue at the airport?

If you do decide to take this flight I would suggest you pre-book a car and not rely on a taxi. At busy times, when lots of people are getting off the ship, you can have a long wait for a taxi.

Obviously, the final decision is yours but I would not recommend it.

Archived