Coffees and Teas

mcarroll2

There has been a lot of confusion about the differences. We had the premium NA package last cruise but specifically asked someone at the coffee bar which items would NOT be covered by the classic NA package. They pointed to the menu and said the coffee items on page 5 under "Other Favorites" and on page 6 under "More Favorites" would not be covered by the Classic NA package.

Here is a link to a copy of the menu: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

So it appears the items with a lot of special ingredients are not covered by the classic package but that the basic coffees such as Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha, etc are included as are the Premium Quality Teas served at the coffee bar.

There has been a lot of confusion about the differences. We had the premium NA package last cruise but specifically asked someone at the coffee bar which items would NOT be covered by the classic NA package. They pointed to the menu and said the coffee items on page 5 under "Other Favorites" and on page 6 under "More Favorites" would not be covered by the Classic NA package.

Here is a link to a copy of the menu: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

So it appears the items with a lot of special ingredients are not covered by the classic package but that the basic coffees such as Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha, etc are included as are the Premium Quality Teas served at the coffee bar.

Thank you for taking the time to post - do you know whether they soy milk available? I couldn't see it on the menu... (diary intolerant!)

Thank you for taking the time to post - do you know whether they soy milk available? I couldn't see it on the menu... (diary intolerant!)

I do not know about soy milk. I'd guess that if they have it on board at all then they'd have it at the Coffee Bar but I can't say for sure.

Being new to Celebrity, I am confused about the Classic NA package and the Premium NA package. Since we only drink water, juices, tea and specialty coffee (no soft drinks), is there such a thing as a coffee card that gives the user say 15 coffees at a discounted rate?

If not, what does the Classic NA package cost and what do you get for your money?

Being new to Celebrity, I am confused about the Classic NA package and the Premium NA package. Since we only drink water, juices, tea and specialty coffee (no soft drinks), is there such a thing as a coffee card that gives the user say 15 coffees at a discounted rate?

If not, what does the Classic NA package cost and what do you get for your money?

There is no coffee card (I think that's a Princess cruiseline thing), so it's a la cart ($4.60 with gratuity per latte/cappuccino), or the Classic NA package for $16.10 a day with gratuity.

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

You are right about 'coffee card'. Princess has 16 'punches' on coffee card for $29.95. It includes most all specialty/premium coffees, + mocktails, premium teas, hot chocolates etc. In fact, for hot chocolate and teas, they will not punch your card, they are free unlimited for that cruise with the card. Nice thing.

I have Classic Alcohol package from '1,2,3' on my coming trip. It seems to include any coffee or beer under $5, wine and spirits under $8, and several other things. I am so looking forward to it, but I doubt I would purchase it at $44/day. I usually just drink regular teas and water. Doubtless will try a few things with dinner this time, though.

Doug

You are right about 'coffee card'. Princess has 16 'punches' on coffee card for $29.95. It includes most all specialty/premium coffees, + mocktails, premium teas, hot chocolates etc. In fact, for hot chocolate and teas, they will not punch your card, they are free unlimited for that cruise with the card. Nice thing.

I have Classic Alcohol package from '1,2,3' on my coming trip. It seems to include any coffee or beer under $5, wine and spirits under $8, and several other things. I am so looking forward to it, but I doubt I would purchase it at $44/day. I usually just drink regular teas and water. Doubtless will try a few things with dinner this time, though.

Doug

Really? :eek: I've had the coffee card on Princess many times, and didn't realize mocktails were included. Thought one needed the Ultimate Kids Package (or whatever they renamed it to) to get the mocktails.:confused:

Can someone please clarify exactly which coffees are included with classic alcohol package? I have heard not everything is insistent across ships so I'm not sure if a bar tender pointed out a few pages as being correct. If cappuccino and lattes aren't included in the classic alcohol package then we may upgrade. Thanks.

Because some of us don't drink and were more concerned with the non-alcohol drinks included, Host Andy asked Celebrity about what non-alcoholic beverages were included and this is the response he got. I am going to assume that this is correct and if not I will upgrade on board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36809014&postcount=934

Can someone please clarify exactly which coffees are included with classic alcohol package? I have heard not everything is insistent across ships so I'm not sure if a bar tender pointed out a few pages as being correct. If cappuccino and lattes aren't included in the classic alcohol package then we may upgrade. Thanks.

Please see my post #4 above. I'm 100% certain that cappuccino and latte are included in the classic packages no matter which ship you're sailing or which waiter, bar tender or barista you talk to.

Post #4 of this thread answers your question.

So what Celebrity told Host Andy isn't valid? They were asking about the classic alcohol not classic non-alcohol. This is something I wish I could be certain about, really hoping the response listed in the link in my post is right.

Wednesday - the only thing is see in Host Andy's post that is a claim that the classic package includes both premium coffees and teas and specialty coffee. This does not agree with the basic descriptions of the Classic and Premium packages on Celebrity's web site (click here to see).

The explanations on the web page link seem to indicate to me that the Classic Alcoholic and classic non-alcoholic packages cover the same non-alcoholic drinks. I can not say for certain that this is the case as the only beverage package I've personally had is the Premium non-alcoholic package.

In the past there has been a lot of confusion on these boards as to exactly what is the difference between a premium coffee and a specialty coffee. Because that question comes up so often I asked the staff at the Cafe al Bacio on the Silhouette what would NOT be covered by the classic package so I could relay that information here on Cruise Critic. The answer they gave me is in post #4 above. When I asked the question I did not ask if there is a difference between the coverage for the classic alcoholic package and the classic non-alcoholic package, and the Barista at the Cafe didn't indicate a difference when she answered my question. Because of all this I've presumed they were the same but can not say that for certain.

Wednesday - the only thing is see in Host Andy's post that is a claim that the classic package includes both premium coffees and teas and specialty coffee. This does not agree with the basic descriptions of the Classic and Premium packages on Celebrity's web site (click here to see).

The explanations on the web page link seem to indicate to me that the Classic Alcoholic and classic non-alcoholic packages cover the same non-alcoholic drinks. I can not say for certain that this is the case as the only beverage package I've personally had is the Premium non-alcoholic package. Because this question comes up so often I asked the staff at the Cafe al Bacio on the Silhouette what would NOT be covered by the classic package so I could relay that information here on Cruise Critic. The answer they gave me is in post #4 above. When I asked the question I did not ask if there is a difference between the coverage for the classic alcoholic package and the classic non-alcoholic package, and the Barista at the Cafe didn't indicate a difference when she answered my question. Because of all this I've presumed they were the same but can not say that for certain.

It's looking like I will just have to see what happens when I get onboard and upgrade if I need to. Somebody, it may have been you, also posted a picture of the drink package offerings onboard that seem to say that more was included, I just wonder what the real difference is in the non-alcohol classic and alcohol classic. I wish Celebrity would make this clear because a lot of people are left wondering.

Archived