What to do besides cave tubing?

Sunnymom02

We have been to Belize once before. My husband did deep sea fishing and then we went to town after he was done. I am not sure what to do this time. We are not into cave tubing and it seems like all of the excursions are long bus rides to get anywhere on land.

Has anyone done any of the beach escapes? I have heard mixed reviews on Bannister Island and Caye Caulker. Any ideas? Carnival really doesn't have very many choices for this port....

Thanks in advance.

We have been to Belize once before. My husband did deep sea fishing and then we went to town after he was done.

What outfit did you use for fishing in Belize?

I am not sure what to do this time. We are not into cave tubing and it seems like all of the excursions are long bus rides to get anywhere on land.

The rides are long, but once out of town it's nice to see the landscape.

You can always take a Cessna over to Ambergis Caye for about $75/person.

We've been to Goff's Caye and it was pretty, but there's nothing to do there other than snorkel. If it's too wavy then all you can do is sit on the beach and enjoy the scenery.

A Cessna is a small airplane with wings above the windows so you get outstanding aerial views of sea.

Yes, Ambergris Caye is a small island off the coast of Belize.

It's a 15 min plane ride or an hour boat ride.

Flight's take off return on an hourly basis.

You'll have to google AC for a list of things to do there but a lot of reviews say it's the prettiest and most modern of the Cayes.

I was just in Belize and asked Eco tours, they are located in one of the sheds to the right of the chocolate shop, and they said roundtrip was $72/person. They book the flight and provide transportation to and from the airport. You can google search Eco Tours Belize to find out more info about them.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the Eco Tours website about taking the Cessna to Ambergris Caye but I cannot find any information about it. The contact us page only send you to a form about booking an excursion. How do I get more info about this or how do I contact Eco Tours?

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the zoo and enjoyed it. On the way there we toured the city and the guides were very informative. After the excursion, we had conch fritters and fish tacos at The Wet Lizard, and Belikin beer, of course!!!:D

Archived