Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

Really enjoying your review and pictures Robyn. It will be our first time on a cruise in August (Adventure of the Seas) so all will be new and exciting to us.

So glad you are enjoying it! I have to chuckle at your screen name because that's what I call my husband - Nicky K :D His first name is Nick and our last name starts with "k"!!!

So glad you are enjoying it! I have to chuckle at your screen name because that's what I call my husband - Nicky K :D His first name is Nick and our last name starts with "k"!!!

Snap!! :D But I'm the female Nicki

Edited by nicki**k

Anna - I have a few more! I will post tonight from home. They are pics of your walk in closet and bathroom :D

Thank you so much!! I appreciate so much all the pictures you took of my suite :p I can hardly wait until sail away!!!

~Anna :)

Thank you so much Robyn for the GS picture. It's given me a good idea of what to expect and I'm super excited for next Saturday. I feel as if I've had one cruise already after your brilliant blog and the details of ports and pics have been so helpful. Roll on the 24th:)

Hello!

I was just wondering if you can take soda or water on this cruise. Some have asked in our group and I've never done that so I have no clue.

Thanks so much!

It is technically against Royal's policy to being soda or water on board, but they frequently do not enforce this.

I've never paid attention to what others are bringing on and I wouldn't bring it on as I never know what I'm going to want and don't want to haul it. But we are staying across from a Super Market and we are a large group and some were wondering for spouses that don't drink alcohol if they could bring pop on. I guess I'll answer with you can try it but it doesn't always work. :) Thanks for your prompt response.

Have a nice day!

The most lax port I have ever experienced is definitely the Pan Am in San Juan :D You can bring soda and water onboard - I've done it every cruise and have seen others do it as well. No issues whatsoever.

The most lax port I have ever experienced is definitely the Pan Am in San Juan :D You can bring soda and water onboard - I've done it every cruise and have seen others do it as well. No issues whatsoever.

may I ask what quantities did you bring it? Like, did you bring a 6 pack of canned soda? A case of water? Liter bottles? lol

Thanks so much for answering! I'll pass this onto the group I am sailing with. We are staying at the Doubletree and they told us there was a grocery store right across the street if we wanted to purchase stuff to take on the cruise and people started wondering if they could take their pop onboard. I'll pass this on to them!

Enjoy your night!

Thanks Robyn for your "LIVE" I followed through every day ! it was enjoyable ;)

It seems that you cats had a great time !

Radio

;);)

So pleased to have found this thread and what amazing pictures - Thank you!

We're taking our very first cruise in July aboard AOS and just wondered if you could help us out with a few questions please?

We've booked My Time Dining on the advice of our Travel Agent and have noticed that time slots can be reserved on line. We want to see the shows but have no idea whether we should book dinner before or after. Any suggestions on what sort of time would be best to book dinner in the MDR would be appreciated. Do we need to reserve in advance and if so, can these timings be changed once aboard?

Are all the tables in the MDR for large groups or are there smaller tables for 4?

We booked with RCCL as we like formal dressing up nights - in reality, do many people do the full Tux/cocktail dress thing or are we likely to be in the minority?!

The drinks packages look rather expensive - could you give us some idea of the cost of a beer and a glass of wine please so that we can work out what the best option for us is?

Many thanks in advance.

Heb

Here's the beauty of CC- I haven't been on the AOS yet, but I have been reading everything about it since I booked a few month ago, so I share my learning.

We've booked My Time Dining on the advice of our Travel Agent and have noticed that time slots can be reserved on line. We want to see the shows but have no idea whether we should book dinner before or after. Any suggestions on what sort of time would be best to book dinner in the MDR would be appreciated. Do we need to reserve in advance and if so, can these timings be changed once aboard?

Linda (Aka "Norbert's Niece") posted pictures of the Cruise Compasses, so you can see the show times (although the entertainment varies from cruise to cruise). Most shows are designed so that there is an early and late show, to accommodate most Main Dining Room Seatings. I would suspect that keeping close to those standard times would give you the best chance of seeing the shows. Booking in advance guarantees you your time, but it can be changed onboard. Here are Linda's links:

Week 1 Compasses can be found here Week 2 Compasses can be found here

Are all the tables in the MDR for large groups or are there smaller tables for 4?

There are smaller tables available.

We booked with RCCL as we like formal dressing up nights - in reality, do many people do the full Tux/cocktail dress thing or are we likely to be in the minority?!

It sounds like it depends on the cruise, but many do dress up (I can tell you that my party will all be wearing tuxes (rented onboard) and cocktail dresses)

The drinks packages look rather expensive - could you give us some idea of the cost of a beer and a glass of wine please so that we can work out what the best option for us is?

There are a number of threads on this, but I believe that the math works out to be averaging about 6-7 drinks per day to break even. Make sure you figure in shore days, where if you are going off the ship you'll need to make up for those "missed opportunities" to drink. That said, some like the idea of not having to worry about the bill at the end, and feeling free to try something that you might not like.

Hope that helps!

Good Morning,

I just got off AOS yesterday morning and everything Robyn talked about was true. We got to the terminal at 10:45am Sunday the 10th and were in the Windjammer by 11:20 so it definitely pays to get there early.

Also getting off the ship - it was suggested to take your own luggage and not put it in the hallway the night before disembarking and that's what we did. Worked out great! No searching for bags in the sea of luggage. We got food from the Windjammer, ate in our room and walked off the ship at 8:30. (we lost a bag last May when we were getting off Allure so we didn't want to go through that again.)

Everything in between was great, weather, food, service... the only thing not so great was Shannon, one of the singers.... she was bad.

Thanks Robyn for your "LIVE" I followed through every day ! it was enjoyable ;)

It seems that you cats had a great time !

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio! I only wish that I could have posted more often :) Maybe next time!!!

When is your next LIVE????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
we are in the final planning days before our TA can start looking for our Air/Hotel package for next February for our group and she wondered if I had any ideas about hotels in SJ. I know not to book the Comfort Inn Robin

Why, what is your experience with the Comfort Inn? :) We're just starting to look @ hotels for December.